Pokémon GO!

Re: Pokémon GO!

Postby Anansi » September 29th, 2016, 10:25 am

The game's definitely gone through some rough spots but I think things have stabilized and it's pretty enjoyable in its current state imo. :)

Team Instinct~!
Rafiki sig by Simba and Community sig by FlipMode. Thanks guys! ♥
Anansi
Ultimate Trash

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby Squeely » October 2nd, 2016, 6:53 am

[quote="Flip_FTW"]The major problem is that the game was rushed to release with barely any features. I mean come on, you really can't release a Pokemon game in 2016 with not battling or trading, not even having to weaken the Pokemon before you catch them and no actual training of the Pokemon themselves either. Not when we've just had ORAS and Sun/Moon are only a few months away. Why would anyone bother with GO?[/quote]
I feel similarly. I see how people can enjoy it, it is harmless fun after all. But still...

You'd think, as someone who is heavily into both Pokemon and taking walks, this would be a dream come true for me. But honestly, I'm so disinterested that I've yet to download the app and don't plan to anytime soon. For those who stopped playing the main games after gen 1 or 2, it's easy to see why they could get into this. But well, nostalgia is hardly a factor for me when I've replayed the originals to death, played romhacks of them, have the Pokemon Yellow soundtrack on my iPod, can use old favorites in new games, etc. When it comes to walks, I don't fancy having to be on my phone most of the time. I'd much rather just have it in my pocket and take in my surroundings. When I do take out my phone, it's to photograph cats who are friendly to me. Befriending and photographing cats is a beloved hobby of mine, which eats up pretty much all of the available space on my phone. I'm not exactly thrilled about adding another app that will most likely decrease the amount of pictures I can take by eating more precious space.

The gen-one-only thing is also a turnoff for me. I know the app is in its early days and they'll hopefully add each gen, but still. I've technically never skipped a generation (gen 3 I didn't get any of the main games, because people would condescendingly ask me if I still liked Pokemon around that time. It was middle school so I stupidly tried to be cool by saying no and not getting the handheld games. Idiotic mistake on my part when I could have just lied, but I got Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness for Gamecube and played the hell out of it). So, I've come to love many of the Pokemon from later gens, and their absence from Go is downright disheartening. And this is coming from someone who not only started with Blue, but that was the first video game I ever beat.

As it is, Go is just too bare-bones for me to get much out of it. For the time being, I'm better off just playing main series games or even romhacks, especially with Moon right around the corner for me, and taking breaks from said games to get a good walk in. I don't mean to offend anyone who enjoys Go. I can see the appeal and by all means, you should have fun with it. But I just wanted to state my case as to why it doesn't appeal to me in its current state.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Katelyn23 » October 3rd, 2016, 11:47 pm

I was a hardcore Pokemon GO player awhile ago. I remember the first time playing, I was so mesmerized by how many people were up and out playing the game. My brothers and I would go on Pokemon hunts at the beach along with about 100 other people on a nightly basis. I had so much fun with this game but the hype has kind of died down for me. I still open up the app a couple of times a day, mostly just to see if there's a rare spawn in my house. I have still not achieved my long-time goal of getting my Blastoise though. :/ (About 15KM to walk ever since the Buddy system was implemented, or 2 more Squirtles to catch.) I REALLY hope they bring trading soon because I have 3 Gyrados which are no use to me at this point. Would love to trade one for a Kabutops/Omnistar. Maybe then I'd get back into playing more often. However, winter is coming so it will be interesting to see how many people are still out walking around getting those Pokestops when the temperatures are down. Not sure if I will be.

I'm currently level 23 (and want to stay that way) on Team Valor, and my Pokedex is at 129 caught.

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby moonsugar33 » October 29th, 2016, 12:54 pm

The Halloween event is insane! I went from having maybe 60-80 Gastly candy to over 300 in just a few hours.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Carl » October 30th, 2016, 4:17 am

I didn't get anywhere near that many over the two days I was out walking. I guess you really do have to be in a more populated area to play this durn thing properly.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Previous

Return to The Den