DOOM as a franchise.

DOOM as a franchise.

Postby Elton John » May 15th, 2016, 9:22 am

There's a new DOOM out so i thought i'd create a topic about it.

As a warning, this franchise is very gorey and not for those who can't handle a high level of violence.

It started with DOOM on computers back in 1993. It wasn't the first fps title but it popularized the franchise more than wolfenstien 3D did. It had a lot of gore, satanic imagery and was very controversial at the time.

DOOM 2 was more of the same but bigger and better.

There were several side games in between doom 2 and 3 such as doom 64 which as far as i know is the only console exclusive doom game.

Doom 3 i never played but I hear it was ok. Can't say much about it.

As for the recent doom, the single player so far is really good. It still has a lot of violence, no health regen, labyrinith level designs, great combat and unlike the multiplayer you aren't limited to two weapons.

The multi is like a combo of halo and call of duty but faster and more fun. Which will upset doom purists who want doom multi to be an arena shooter (no equip loadouts, no exp or levelling, starting with a basic weapon and finding everything else on a map).

As for the next doom, we might see it in 10 years from now judging the gap between doom 3 and this.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: DOOM as a franchise.

Postby DGFone » July 10th, 2016, 9:31 am

I am still hoping that the new DOOM game will come out for Linux, like the rest have. Even more ironic is that since it is already coded in the Vulkan API, it basically runs flawlessly on WINE - except for the fact that the DRM it uses even on steam prevents Linux users from being able to enjoy it.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Tsuki » July 11th, 2016, 11:25 pm

Played one on the PC in my teen years and it scared me....not played once since :kionoops:.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Panda-chan » January 15th, 2017, 5:39 am

RIP AND TEAR <3

I played DOOM I and II as a kid, always at midnight or later when I knew my parents wouldn't be awake :evil: I played them again a couple years back and was surprised how well they still hold up. Although I'm afraid that the annoying "UNF UNF UNF" sound is ingrained into my mind forever.

Anyway, my friend Arron introduced me to Brutal DOOM which is a mod for the first three games that imo makes them 1000% more fun and violent and adds a bunch of very useful features. It's almost like playing a brand new game, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone thinking of booting up the older DOOM games. I'll link the trailer down below, but just as a warning, this game is extremely violent so the following link is definitely NSFW:
Spoiler: show

I haven't played DOOM 2016 yet, but from the trailer and what friends tell me, it's a fantastic reboot that does everything right. I'm very excited to play it in the future when I get a PC that can actually run it.

And finally, I have some lulz to share:

D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Return to The Den