Game upgrade advice

Game upgrade advice

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 21st, 2015, 3:04 am

ok so I need some gaming advice, I will start out by saying i don't play alot of games as much as I liked to but I play when I can, and I have been playing video games ever since Sega when I was a little kid, and I still have a PS2, and a PS3 that I have had for about oooooh I want to say 3-4 years now, and well I am frustrated about how every time a new game counsel comes out new games that you want to play will only be available for the next new counsel and well this costs alot of money. and I don't want to let go of my PS2 yet because I can only play the PlayStation TLK game on it and I really cant decide if I want to let it go just yet its the only there is, and then I have my Disney Infinity 1 game that I now have to keep upgrading each time they come out with the new edition, then there is my favorite PS3 Avatar Game that I don't want to let go of and that cant be played on the PS4 with I say is NOT FAIR, I just don't know what to do anymore cause I want to get a PS4 for the next Kingdom hearts game but again it all come down to MONEY SO MUCH MONEY!, so I really need some gamer advice on how to better manage my gaming systems and organize my strategy with them. I plan on asking Game Stop too about my situation, cause its just a frustrating overwhelming mess for me right now. How do you gamers do it? :tired2:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: Game upgrade advice

Postby KingKivuli » September 21st, 2015, 8:01 am

If you dont play as much as you want it might be a case of stacking the consoles away to one side until you are able to play them. Yes it means everytime you want to play you have to plug it back in but thats minor compared to being able to play some old awesome games. I still have a ps2 with the games I love for it but its currently stored away till I want to play them. Curently I have a 360 and ps4 lined up infront of my tv with enough sockets for each
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby FlipMode » September 21st, 2015, 8:29 am

Double post.
It was an accident.
Last edited by FlipMode on September 21st, 2015, 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby FlipMode » September 21st, 2015, 8:39 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"] wall of unnecessary text...

How do you gamers do it? :tired2:[/quote]

I have a job.
Also, if you only want Kingdom Hearts III then you won't need one for a good year or two anyway. You'll miss out on 2.8 REMIX HYPER SPECIAL DUBSTEP EDITION or whatever it's called but if you don't mind that then you might as well wait since KH 3 is still early in development based on what Nomura has been saying.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Shadowfax » September 21st, 2015, 9:35 am

Wellllll. ...

We have a super nintendo, n64, ps2 and 3, an xbox one, 360 and a load of handhelds. We don't constantly have them all set up though.... We keep most in the attic until we wanna play them. Recently my Bro replayed golden eye on the 64 and got the console out, played it for a month now it's back in the attic. So you don't have to throw any consoles away really... just store them somewhere (in a box so the dust doesn't get to them)

And as for new consoles, that's just the way things go. As Flip said, it's early days still unfortunately for Kh3 so maybe put aside say $30 a month for the next year or so and buy your new console when it comes out? Plus it'll more than likely be cheaper then. I was lucky and my partner bought me my xbox one, but I didn't want one when it first came out till it dropped in price and when he got mine he saved about $150!! So come next year it'll probably be a bit cheaper
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 21st, 2015, 2:19 pm

but whats the point of keeping old Game counsels when they just take up more space and collect dust? isn't there a way to trade them in for money?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby KingKivuli » September 21st, 2015, 3:48 pm

Yeah alot of games stores will but thats if you want to get rid of them
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Postby Shadowfax » September 21st, 2015, 4:08 pm

Yeh they would, but you'd lose the chance to play all your old games... (Unless you did the totally illegal thing and downloaded them which I wouldn't advise)

They don't take too much room up in the attic ;)
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby KingKivuli » September 21st, 2015, 7:32 pm

also for me I simply don't have the heart to get rid of my old consoles. Why? Memories, the fun times I had on the console. Every level beat, boss killed, objective won, and all saved on an 8MB card, and felt through a duel shock controller. The best quote I have ever seen is this: I am a gamer. Not because I have no life, but because I choose to have many.

That is the reason I will never get rid of my old things. I still have an original Game Boy with Pokemon Red and Yellow, both with full teams on them. I will never delete them or even get rid of them cause they are a part of my childhood. I always make sure it has a place
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby Tsuki » September 21st, 2015, 7:42 pm

I share your pain! But alas this is how Game companies make money. There are so many games on the Xbox One that I want to play but it'll have to wait :lol:.

As mentioned, why not put a certain amount away each month if you do want a new game console? I did this with the 3DS and I'm so pleased I did! And gosh I wouldn't have the heart to give away my consoles. We have a PS1, PS2, N64, Wii, WiiU and a 360 and nothing beats replaying an old game IMO. The nostalgia!!
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Return to The Den