Arkham Knight

Arkham Knight

Postby FlipMode » June 30th, 2015, 3:00 pm

Love this series. I'm not the biggest Batman fan ever outside the Dark Knight trilogy but I've seen enough of the cartoons and comics. I love the Arkhan Knight take on one of the classic Batman story arcs, very well told within the game universe.

Any other fans out there? How are you finding Arkham Knight? Discussion.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Arkham Knight

Postby Elton John » June 30th, 2015, 3:25 pm

I am waiting for the inevitable goty edition, which will include the dlc. They have done it with the previous 3 arkham games and warner brothers has done it for just about every game they have released in the past few years.

But yeah, game looks fun and I hope that the next game rocksteady makes is something with superman or the justice league.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby DGFone » July 2nd, 2015, 5:29 am

They promised day-one Linux native release. Have it on Steam already (got it with my GPU), still can't play it.

Considering the great release that it was on regular Windows PCs, I expect to wait at least a year until Linux native capability.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » July 2nd, 2015, 6:33 am

I have heard that the PC release is a technical mess, and that warner bros knew that it was up to a year ago but didn't know much about it....
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FlipMode » July 18th, 2015, 11:45 pm

Yeah I'm not impressed with their treatment of pc gamers.
The game was quite good on consoles, some of the Batmobile combat sections were boringly long but other than that it was very good.
Spoiler: show
I think it's a good one for them to have ended the series on.
It was showing signs of wear. The references to classic Batman stories like Killing Joke were icing on the cake.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby OuRaion » July 19th, 2015, 9:17 am

Eh, it was okay. The story was good, better than AC in my opinion, but the game overall was just... Disappointing. The Batmobile is way overused, with nearly every single boss fight being something to do with the Batmobile.

Spoiler: show
When I heard Deathstroke on the comms, I was really excited for another Arkham Origins-type battle against him. Nope, tank battle. Disappointing. Let's hope the upcoming DLC with a bunch of new villains gives us some real boss fights. Also the reveal of the Arkham Knight was really easy to predict. It took me around 3 hours to correctly guess who he was, especially with all the talk of Red Hood and having read Under the Red Hood before.

I had pre-ordered the limited edition for PC (big mistake) because I love the games, and didn't hear about the issues on PC until the CD key had already been used. Hey WB, where's our compensation for this awful port thing you gave us?

But really, while disappointing to a fan, it is still a really good game. Just those few minor complaints about the over-use of the tank battles. I would recommend it!
Last edited by OuRaion on July 25th, 2015, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby WildSimba » July 24th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Great game as a whole, I probably like it overall a bit more than AC, the only real issue I had with it were the bosses weren't that great. I honestly don't understand people's complaints with the tank sections, that's my favorite part. I like how it includes a lot of strategy. The game is very challenging but worth a play.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Ultra Fox » July 24th, 2015, 9:20 pm

I think it's pretty awesome, overall. Not without issues, though.

The classic Arkham gameplay is still great and even more refined. Graphics are amazing and story is great. I even like the batmobile (other than the over-use of the tank segments that get tiresome).
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Return to The Den