Best game of 2014? Most wanted game of 2015?

Best game of 2014? Most wanted game of 2015?

Postby Elton John » January 3rd, 2015, 12:02 am

Not counting re-releases or older games you've played for the first time.

Having only a wii u and a PS3 and since i'm not much of a PC gamer outside of 80's and 90's games mostly my vote goes for

Bayonetta 2 is the winner with donkey kong country tropical freeze at number 2.

My most wanted game of 2015 isn't the new zelda, xenoblade chronicles x, or the new star fox but a game from someone I befriended this past year. He's known for creating the dead or alive franchise and reviving Ninja Gaiden, Tomonobu Itagaki.

It's called Devils Third, and it's a seamless mix of first person/third person shooting with strong melee combat and platforming.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Best game of 2014? Most wanted game of 2015?

Postby FlipMode » January 3rd, 2015, 1:30 am

DOA is such a misunderstood fighter. People see it and think "Boobs." but its genuinely a really good fighting series IMO and I'm so glad DOA5:LR is coming to PC! I'll be the first to admit I prefer Tekken but DOA has a better core fighting system I think.

My fave game this year was Transistor.
The best game this year was Shadow of Morder
Most wanted game of 2015: That is actually confirmed to be coming in 2015 at least, Metal Gear Solid V The Phatom Pain: LAWD HAVE MERCY!!!!!! This game! ;A;
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Elton John » January 3rd, 2015, 1:34 am

I didn't care much for MGS GZ, I am still a little upset that david hayter got treated so poorly when being replaced.

Though, this might be one big troll from Kojima and the main character in TPP will be a young solid snake played by david hayter.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » January 3rd, 2015, 2:10 am

Its not. Big Boss is the main character and he is voiced by Kiefer Sutherland. I honestly think people need to get over that already and stop being so afraid of change. It doesn't even make sense to have Big Boss voiced exactly the same as Snake, he's a different character.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » January 3rd, 2015, 2:17 am

That wasn't my biggest concern anyway. I never did beat GZ, I think that open world stealth might just not be for me. I'll probably buy TPP when it hits 20 dollar status.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Carl » January 3rd, 2015, 2:21 am

IMO Dragon Age Inquisition is the best game of 2014. (I haven't played 2014's AC games yet though.)

I don't know what I'm most looking forward to this year yet, probably 2015's addition to the AC series, though. I won't deny that I'm biased. :ha:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby OuRaion » January 3rd, 2015, 2:27 am

Most of the games that were released this (well, last) year that I played were broken. I can't list a best game for the year because none I played were all that good.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a lot of games this year.

Batman: Arkham Knight, Mortal Kombat X, The Witcher 3, Halo 5, Majora's Mask 3D, and The Division, just to name a few.
My wallet is going to cry this year more than it was last year.
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby Elton John » January 3rd, 2015, 2:29 am

I want dragon age inquisition but my computer can't run it and i'd rather wait until I get an xbox one before I buy the game.

A lot of good choices there Ouralon.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby FlipMode » January 3rd, 2015, 8:16 pm

[quote="OuRaion"]
Batman: Arkham Knight[/quote]

I should add that Arkham Knight is interchangeable with MGSV as my most wanted game of this year.
FlipMode

Postby Elton John » January 3rd, 2015, 8:19 pm

Batman Arkham knight might be cool but if the main villain turns out to be
Spoiler: show
the joker
AGAIN i will not be happy.
Elton John
I’m with you

Next

Return to The Den