Magic The Gathering

Magic The Gathering

Postby KingKivuli » December 13th, 2014, 9:31 am

So then who here knows or plays this game?

For those that don't know Magic is a card game. Two plays go against each other each starting with 20 life. Using a combination of spells creatures and weapons the objective is to either take all their life or make their deck run out.

There are 5 main colours: White - Life and Protection, Black - Death and Decay, Blue - Control and manipulation, Red - Glass Cannon, Green - Big creatures and rapid growth. These are the main grounds how each colour works, of course there are lots of sub uses and categories. Not only that but you deck can even be a combination of colours. There are also colourless cards that dont belong to any colour but may benefit some more than others

So how to play. A Standard deck is 60 cards. In there is a mix of creatures spells and land cards. In order to summon out creatures and spells you need land to play, which is your mana, and each card has a different cost, also colour dependant. Once per turn you can put down one land card and use it and others to play something

Lets say I am using a white and green deck. We are a few turns in so I have 3 white land on my field I have just drawn my card and its another white land. There is a green card in my hand however I can not play it because its mana cost is 1 green mana and 2 colourless. However there is a white creature I can bring out which costs 2 white mana and 2 colourless. I play out my land and 'tap' them all to use them then bring out my creature

While my creature is now out it can not attack this turn as it has 'Summoning Sickness' it will have to wait till next time. In regards to tapping it involves turning the cards sideways to show your using them. For land its to show your using that mana, for creatures its to show you are attacking with them. Spells do not require being tapped as most are one use, unless it is an artifcat or enchantment. At the start of every turn you untapped everything

So types of cards:
Land - Your mana source, if you dont have any you are screwed
Creatures - Says it all you attack with these
Instants - You can play these spells at any time
Sorcery - Only playable in your turn
Artificat - Colourless cards
Equipment - Weapons for you creatures to make then stronger
Enchantment - A special Aura that sits on the side to buff you or debuff your enemy
Aura - Place these on creatures to boost them

Thats about as simple as I can explain really, it is a lot easier to understand by watching or even playing, but I wanted to give an overview and see if anyone else plays or is interestd

As for decks I use, I have a blue Mill deck (destroy the opponents deck) A white soilder deck, Black and Green cat deck, Red white Green Cat deck
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: Magic The Gathering

Postby Elton John » December 13th, 2014, 10:02 am

I used to play but that was years ago. And by years ago I mean the early to mid 90's

The game has probably changed a lot since then lol.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KingKivuli » December 13th, 2014, 6:56 pm

Hmmm not so much there are new abilities and mechanics but the core is the same
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby GothPrinceEd » August 30th, 2015, 10:27 pm

y00000 1v1 me modern :edsmile:
GothPrinceEd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Return to The Den