Any fans of the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney franchise here?

Any fans of the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney franchise here?

Postby Elton John » November 30th, 2014, 11:28 am

Certainly not me!

Okay, nick, you caught me in a lie! I DO LOVE THIS FRANCHISE AND OWN EVERY ENGLISH RELEASE
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Any fans of the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney franchise he

Postby Elton John » September 19th, 2016, 1:58 am

So, I might be the only fan of the franchise here.

Ace Attorney 6 was released just recently in America. My 3DS barely works but not many buttons are needed to play this game, it's almost touchscreen only. Game is off to a great start, case 1 is just bonkers.

There was a spinoff AA game that is Japan only and will likely stay Japan only. It just recently was announced that it will get a direct sequel... That will likely stay Japan only. Sigh.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Anansi » September 29th, 2016, 5:02 pm

Heya, I love this series. :)

I've played the original trilogy and Apollo Justice; of those, I'll be clichéd and say I like Trials and Tribulations the most. :P Favorite character is Mia but really all the main characters are a delight.

I own the Professor Layton crossover, kind of scared to start it lol. I really want to play Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice and Investigations. I hope you continued to enjoy Spirit of Justice!
Rafiki sig by Simba and Community sig by FlipMode. Thanks guys! ♥
Anansi
Ultimate Trash

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby Elton John » September 29th, 2016, 5:09 pm

I didn't like spirit of justice much. The pacing was terrible, and I hear it just gets worse as you move on in the game. Sad, as case 1 was off to a great start...until you realize that it felt much too padded, and that it was the longest first case ever in a pw game.

And I really feel like PW's story arc ended in the third game. I liked Apollo Justice and hoped they would consistently flesh his character out but even his debut game felt too focused much on pw. And now there is too much focus on a character who has felt stale for three whole games now.

Not interested in this franchise anymore, which saddens me as I loved it until this specific title.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Anansi » September 29th, 2016, 5:15 pm

Aww, sorry to hear that! I saw it didn't have great reviews for the reasons you noted. Poor Apollo. :/
Rafiki sig by Simba and Community sig by FlipMode. Thanks guys! ♥
Anansi
Ultimate Trash

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Return to The Den