God of War

God of War

Postby SlayerOfLight » September 3rd, 2014, 12:10 am

As a few of you may have already noticed, I'm a huge God of War fanboy and I own all six games on the PS3. My favorite game of the entire franchise has to be God of War 3. So, have any of you ever played it?

To those who haven't heard about the games before or know little about it, God of War is a series of action-adventure hack and slash games about the Spartan demigod known as Kratos, who possesses various godly powers and weapons, and incredible superhuman strength. The game is loosely based on ancient Greek mythology and takes place in the Hellenistic age. On the journey to redemption from his dark past, Kratos faces many enemies, from cyclops, harpies and minotaurs to the Olympian gods themselves. As you progress further in each of the games you earn more weapons and magical powers after defeating numerous bosses untill you reach the end of the game. God of War also involves some puzzle game elements once in a while.

Gameplay trailer (God of War 3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs5rLbu3GDY
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Re: God of War

Postby FlipMode » September 8th, 2014, 10:18 am

*Points to avatar*

Love me some God of War. The story is quite decent, gets a little weird in the 2nd one though, time travel just never makes sense in video games, unless it is Timesplitters and even...
I won't lie, the biggest draw for me is just the huge boss battles and set pieces as well as the gorgeous visuals and great OST. The opening fight in God of War 3 is still one of the best looking things I've ever seen in any game and Poseidon's Wrath fits so well to the on screen mayhem. And the entire game is like that the whole way through, there's like one or two puzzles and the rest is brutally killing ALL the gods of Olympus, not bad XD

Finished all of them except for Ascension, it came out so close to so many other great games and at the time was being slated for not being as good as GOW3, I probably should get around to it though.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Return to The Den