Age of Empires 2

Re: Age of Empires 2

Postby juhouh » October 21st, 2015, 12:21 pm

Bump (in case if any new members play this)

And btw here's the latest cheetahPWNag3 AI (v2.4). Please sub if you want a dumb but very aggressive AI. I haven't updated it since last year but it still works fine
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Simbaholikov » October 28th, 2015, 1:47 pm

A laggy and disappointing game.

Picked it up after a friend told me to get it for MP, but the awful FPS problems make it wholely unenjoyable to play.
The so called "HD" edition changes a bare minimum and is just a petty and disgusting way for M$ to "justify" the ridiculous price tag for a 16 year old game which runs worse than the original did.
Compared to the original Empire Earth game which is similar I'd play that over this any day.

At least I picked it up on a minor sale, but I still wish I could get a refund for it.
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby HereWeStand » October 28th, 2015, 2:26 pm

To be fair, the original was better simply because it wasn't so hopelessly broken with the FPS lag. Mod integration is the only thing I could commend the HD Edition on, but otherwise it really does feel like a scam. Wouldn't be the first time Microsoft has screwed up a release of it, I recall my disc of the original AoEII coming with the music tracks not working at all. Very disappointing because the music almost -made- the game.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to The Den