7%
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
14%
Call of Duty: Ghosts
7%

Total votes : 14

Call of Duty series

Postby SilverSimba01 » November 22nd, 2013, 1:59 am

We all had heard them, lot of people have played, and has become a very major name on the video game industry, the Call of Duty series has been very popular on this recent years from going to play soldiers on WWII to a more futuristic scenario, this series are awesome, so in this topic is to talk about everything that is in the call of duty series such as the campaign mode, multiplayer, characters, even the zombies mode, etc

:PLEASE AND I MEAN PLEASE:
Don't post comments like "Call of Duty Sucks..." or "Battlefield series are better..." this topic is for those that like and enjoy playing the Call ofDuty games so please:
DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, DON'T POST IT
Last edited by SilverSimba01 on November 23rd, 2013, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Re: Call of Duty series

Postby DGFone » November 22nd, 2013, 9:16 am

I like the early ones: Call of Duty 1 and 2. The expansion pack for 1: United Offensive, is my favorite. I was never able to get into the modern ones.

And as for which one of the new ones is better, "CoD or BF", we all know that both are equally terrible.

Language warning, but everyone should watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubpKUvd8NXM
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Woeler » November 22nd, 2013, 11:18 am

4 & 5 were ok. Today's cod games are crap.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby SilverSimba01 » December 4th, 2013, 11:53 pm

I still enjoy Black Ops and Black Ops II, mostly the multiplayer mode as well as the zombie mode of this two
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » December 5th, 2013, 12:09 am

[quote="SilverSimba01"]

Don't post comments like "Call of Duty Sucks..." or "Battlefield series are better..." this topic is for those that like and enjoy playing the Call ofDuty games so please:
DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, DON'T POST IT[/quote]

Can I say Killzone is better than both? Lol
Cod is alright; I just think there's too much congestion in the FPS genre even without COD coming out every year.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby WildSimba » December 5th, 2013, 8:37 am

[quote="Flip_FTW"][quote="SilverSimba01"]

DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, DON'T POST IT[/quote]

Can I say Killzone is better than both? Lol
Cod is alright; I just think there's too much congestion in the FPS genre even without COD coming out every year.[/quote]

And I personally believe the Bioshock series knocks pretty much every FPS last gen out of the water. lol
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby DGFone » December 5th, 2013, 9:23 am

If you want to go for "actiony" FPS games, then I still think that a game such as America's Army or the classical Rainbow Six games are the ones to go. In fact, the first rainbow six game advertised itself as a "combination of action and real-life strategy!" I know that compared to CoD/BF (which I think both are really the same. Sure, one has vehicles, but that's not that much of a difference when you really think about it. Just another way to spread bullets around as far as BF is concerned), Rainbow Six / AA are extremely hard-core, and for that matter, yes they are. And that's what makes the action so much better. When you know that you only get one life, and ballistics and all that are actually real, just going up against one enemy is exhilarating and fun. In CoD/BF, you need at least 3 on 3 to get the same feeling, more if there are re-spawns.

There there is the complete opposite end of the spectrum like TF2 and Unreal. Those are fun because they don't even try to be like real life, and simply go for what is fun.

INHO, CoD and BF are sitting in this weird uncanny valley of realism where they are realistic enough to make me wince at errors, but not unrealistic enough for me to let it go, like I can with TF2. The only reason why I like the first two CoD games is because they are set in WWII, so you get to play in the battles that you read about in history books and watch documentaries for, as well as getting to use weapons that even the most fanatical gun-control policy makers agree are already nothing more than museum pieces and can be treated as such versus modern warfare games which apparently are all murder simulators because they train you (very poorly) how to use big evil black assault murder rifles of doom.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SilverSimba01 » December 19th, 2013, 9:49 pm

yea, we know for sure that CoD or BF series aren't exactly "real life" base, and obviously those has they downs

but can we get back to the topic
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Postby juhouh » December 19th, 2013, 9:54 pm

I liked the first 3 CoD games but the rest are just total crap. The best FPS games so far are CS 1.6 and CS:GO
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Return to The Den