Tiger Electronics Handhelds and others. Oh the horror O_O

Tiger Electronics Handhelds and others. Oh the horror O_O

Postby ADW » November 15th, 2013, 12:38 am

I guess you either love them or you hate them. Lately I've been collecting these LCD handhelds of games based on certain stuff just out of curiosity to see what they were like, and only if I can find them for very cheap. I had some other ones when I was a kid like Double Dragon, Batman, X-Men and Mortal Kombat, but don't have those at the moment. So here's some gameplay videos I made of most of the ones I have with annotations serving as commentary:

Strider (one of my all-time favorite Capcom games, was surprised Tiger made a handheld of this one)

Aladdin

Skate Or Die (this is one of the two by Konami that I have)

Hard Drivin'

NARC (one of the two I have by Acclaim)

PIT-FIGHTER (don't know about you guys, but the sole fact that Tiger made one of this I think is freakin' hilarious)

Pocahontas (this one I do not understand what so ever)

Gradius (the other Konami one I have, and surprisingly fun to play)

Heavy Barrel (this one is also pretty decent)

Daytona USA

Total Recall (based on the Schwarzenegger film, the other Acclaim one I own, and not as bad as I expected)

I also have the one based on Sonic The Hedgehog 2 which I did a review of a while back where I talked myself, but deleted it because I kept getting trolled over it just because they didn't like my voice.
ADW

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Re: Tiger Electronics Handhelds and others. Oh the horror O_

Postby FlipMode » November 15th, 2013, 1:16 am

Good for you. I actually genuinely do find weird and obscure things like LCD games and tat strangely interesting (and hey, Ashens has made quite a name for himself reviewing stuff like this so there's a market for it).
Tat that is based on films and games is somehow really amusing to me. You know there is a very rare one of these based on 9/11 WTC attacks that if working, can go for quite a lot of money on Ebay (I'm not making this up lol)

Thanks for the share :D although you really should add voice over commentary ^^ forget what the haters have to say, anyone who picks on someone just for how their voice sounds is missing the point of the video and the point of YouTube.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby ADW » November 15th, 2013, 3:09 am

I love ashens' videos! I vaguely remember the 9/11 one, but don't remember if I saw the whole thing. I also have a pack of Chef Excellence's "Stay Fresh Cheese Bags" which I bought back in 2010 because of one of his videos XD
ADW

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby Wrightfan » November 25th, 2013, 4:19 am

I played these a lot as a kid. I had many of the game show ones. You put the game on and in most cases, had to flip open a book and answer the question on a certain page. Talk about redundant! Still have them in storage too :D
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby WildSimba » December 6th, 2013, 11:20 am

[quote="Flip_FTW"]Good for you. I actually genuinely do find weird and obscure things like LCD games and tat strangely interesting (and hey, Ashens has made quite a name for himself reviewing stuff like this so there's a market for it).
Tat that is based on films and games is somehow really amusing to me. You know there is a very rare one of these based on 9/11 WTC attacks that if working, can go for quite a lot of money on Ebay (I'm not making this up lol)

Thanks for the share :D although you really should add voice over commentary ^^ forget what the haters have to say, anyone who picks on someone just for how their voice sounds is missing the point of the video and the point of YouTube.[/quote]

I believe you're refering to Laden VS USA (not going to link it, look it up on google if you're interested lol). It isn't a Tiger handheld, but it's close. Same LCD game things lol
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FlipMode » December 6th, 2013, 11:47 am

[quote="Wrightfan"]I played these a lot as a kid. I had many of the game show ones. You put the game on and in most cases, had to flip open a book and answer the question on a certain page. Talk about redundant! Still have them in storage too :D[/quote]

Lol wut? I don't think I have heard of that before... Answering questions in a book on a handheld game... I think I very vaguely remember something along those lines being a thing but it might have been a bit before my childhood time to be honest (sorry for making you feel old! :P).

If you can dig that out and post a picture that'd be cool to see :)

EDIT - @ OP That Hello Kitty in KISS costume on your channel is freaking cute and I want one haha :3
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Wrightfan » December 6th, 2013, 4:05 pm

Flip, they are in storage right now. Once I get them out I will take pictures.
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Return to The Den