Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix

Postby Zeke » June 7th, 2013, 5:37 am

So I'm sure there has to be some Kingdom Hearts fans out there. Anyone else heard about the new Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix yet? It comes out for the PS3 and has both Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (re-vamped KH1) and Chain of Memories in HD and all the cinematic scenes from 358/2 Days. Personally, I'm pretty stoked. What say you?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 18

Re: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix

Postby OuRaion » June 7th, 2013, 7:46 am

I must say, I'm looking forward to it too.
Mainly because the PAL region never got re:Chain of Memories (the only KH game I don't have), and now I can finally play it!

(Ya guys, I'm a KH fan)

EDIT: Fluff it, I won't get it unless I find it on sale for $10. I already got them all, what's the point of spending $60 a something that adds HD and trophy support?
Last edited by OuRaion on June 7th, 2013, 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby DGFone » June 7th, 2013, 8:20 am

New HD textures? You mean their now charging money for something that any half-decent PC mod gives for free?

/RegulusRantGoeHere

What I'm saying is stop releasing hand-held ports and even worse, re-releases and release 3 already. Before the console that it's being developed for ends its life-cycle.

Not to mention that strictly speaking, *insert fan rage here*, it's not like the Final Fantasy series has made that much money (mostly losing it) to warrant a continuous gamble with developing more and more games for a very costly series while other IPs are left to gather dust as Squenix tries to recoup whatever losses its latest venture has cost.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » June 7th, 2013, 9:46 am

I can't stand that complete clusterduck of a story any more.

Here is the thing. 1) KH FM - the original KH game released in Japan only, because it was a smash it got released overseas with extra content, the Japanese fans were rightfully unhappy so Final Mix was made, adding the extra content from the English additions (making the majority of new content redundant for most of us) the only NEW things were a secret ending (again, pointless now since obviously the series has already moved way past that so we know what happens), English voices and a stupidly hard Xemnas battle (we know who he is now so all it is now is just a hard boss fight)

I DO like they are adding the Reaction and 3D camera from KH2 into it! I will tip my hat to them for that, or I would if I wore one.

2) Re CoM is wayyyyy overdue in PAL. Re Com was originally released in Japan for free with KH2 Final Mix. They release it in the USA and we STILL didn't get it. Plus I have the original GBA version of CoM and CoM is the worst game in the series. It added nothing to the plot and used a dumb card based battle system which was silly. People who played KH2 were like "I didn't play CoM so now I am confused." Nope! I played CoM and still didn't get KH2. They left out a ton of plot points JUST so they could tell you in KH2's ending "This is what happened."
No one understood it because the story shows its flaws here. It is poorly written and just stupid.
If you still do not think so, just think about this - most of the cast of characters are essentially the same two people...

Only other thing there is the 358/2 cut scenes... Which definitely have NOT been available on YouTube and every single KH fan site since the game released in 2009... Its not even the game, just the cut-scenes... WHAT THE HELL?!

It's not like I am [censored] about it because it is yet another HD collection but the problem is. this gen I played the MGS HD collection, I'm a huge MGS fan but the thing is it really offered nothing new other than some done up textures (which to be honest only MGS3 with it's jungle environments really benefited from most) it was like "Eh it's cool I guess but I already have them." On the other hand I played Shadow of the Colossus HD out of interest and I had never played it when it was out on PS2 and it blew my mind how amazing it was. So these HD releases benefit more for people who didn't play it before. Anyone who knows there is a KH HD coming out probably already played them so... There's no reason to be too excited as a fan IMO.

Kingdom Hearts has been slowly getting more stupid each time something new comes out.
One minute it is-
Next it is -

If you can take that seriously then wow you have my respect. But besides the nonsense plot, the combat and graphics are pretty good.

Oh yeah... And it is developed by Square Enix, the George Bush of videogame developers.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Zeke » June 7th, 2013, 11:23 pm

I will have to agree that the plot is just freaking ridiculous and I was confused as all hell when I played the second but with that aside, I am excited to play the original again because my copy is long dead along with my PS2 that I have not played in years. That I never had much interest in playing any DS games and therefore never had CoM so it will be nice to see it on an actual console.

As far as the re-remake of a game, yes it is a wonderful way to make money for square enix and its probably a poor attempt to keep their heads above water for the moment. The trophy support I can't give two (poops?) about because its just dumb but I am excited about the KH2 style that they are implementing. I can see the nonsense in the release of this title that you have all pointed out but as someone who either did not have the game or have not played it in years, it will be a nice refresher for me. :)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 18

Postby DGFone » June 7th, 2013, 11:31 pm

I wouldn't be surprised at all if making money with the least development budget is what Square Enix was thinking of when they decided to do this. Loads of fans will still buy it, there's hardly any new content, and it's not another one of their hugely successful game that everyone loves...

... but still loses money in the end. Tomb Raider had to sell Call of Duty amounts in order to recoup development costs, Final Fantasy is even worse in this aspect I presume.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Return to The Den