To The Moon (Feels ALL the Feels!)

To The Moon (Feels ALL the Feels!)

Postby FlipMode » June 1st, 2013, 10:53 am

So, To The Moon . It is an indie game, about four-five hours long or so and it is a narrative driven interactive story told in the form of an old skool 3rd person adventure / RPG.
Genre does not matter, there is barely any gameplay. Most of the time you are just clicking to get to the next bit of plot.

The game follows two scientists / doctors who work for a special corporation that have developed a machine that allows a patient on their deathbed (as in with only say a day or two to live and death is definitely close) to have their one wish in life granted.
So the one thing they wish they had achieved in their life, but never did for whatever reason. The patient this time is an elderly man named Johnny (John, but prefers Johnny as it makes him feel younger). Some people call him Joey too.

Johnny's wish is to go to the Moon. Neither he, or anyone who lives with him know why.

The two must go back into Johnny's memories, exploring his past and altering events. So that, in a fake version of his life, he would have gone to the Moon. Thus achieve his life's goal and remember it on his deathbed before he dies. So the two only have two days to go into his past, figure why he wants to go to the Moon and alter events so that he actually achieves this.

Well I will stop there, no spoiling anything else. Let's just say Johnny had a hard life.
So the game is about £8 ($11) which might be expensive for an interactive story that is five hours long but I promise it is totally worth it, this is the most well written story in a videogame ever (IMO). There is no voice but the characterization is so good, you will imagine how each character sounds.

It's just a beautiful game, and SO FRIKIN' DEPRESSINGLY SAD! OMG! </3

It's free for 1 hour trial. I bought it as soon as my hour ended as I was so into the story by then, finished it in one sitting lol.
http://freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/
Listen to the beautiful (and equally sad) OST here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snl67XsI6Is (if you buy it, the proceeds go to charity!)

Well that's about it, just sharing the word on a bloody fantastic game.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: To The Moon (Feels ALL the Feels!)

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 1st, 2013, 2:17 pm

Never played it, but I've watched PewDiePie play it and I know what you mean about feels omfg. Made me cry!

I'm obsessed with the song 'Everything's Alright' <3 The soundtrack is one of the best I've heard in a game for sure.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby AdAstrα » June 1st, 2013, 2:21 pm

Yeah, Amy introduced me to the soundtrack and I love it so much, especially Everything's Alright (listening to it now in fact). The game sounds really interesting, I'm not into games at all lol but I might actually check this one out.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby FlipMode » June 1st, 2013, 5:08 pm

[quote="AmyMarie"]Never played it, but I've watched PewDiePie play it and I know what you mean about feels omfg. Made me cry!

I'm obsessed with the song 'Everything's Alright' <3 The soundtrack is one of the best I've heard in a game for sure.[/quote]

PewDiePie played it? How many screams and rape jokes did he make over all the music? Ugh, he's the Justin Bieber of the internet.

[quote="AdAstrα"]The game sounds really interesting, I'm not into games at all lol but I might actually check this one out.[/quote]

I don't think this game is going to convert anyone who doesn't really like games tbh. Some of the reference comedy is based on old skool videogames.
Most of it is just clicking the mouse button, it's not like other games but it is still a game.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 1st, 2013, 5:24 pm

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="AmyMarie"]Never played it, but I've watched PewDiePie play it and I know what you mean about feels omfg. Made me cry!

I'm obsessed with the song 'Everything's Alright' <3 The soundtrack is one of the best I've heard in a game for sure.[/quote]

PewDiePie played it? How many screams and rape jokes did he make over all the music? Ugh, he's the Justin Bieber of the internet. [/quote]

...wow. No need to get so offensive about him. Actually Flip, he didn't scream, nor make rape jokes. He was quite upset about it as well and said it was a beautiful game and he loved the music too.

Also, how is he the Justin Bieber of the internet?
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby FlipMode » June 1st, 2013, 5:35 pm

I implied he makes rape jokes and screams / shouts a lot, which is true.
And how is he not? In terms of what they do and how they act...
do you really want to turn this into a PewDiePie discussion? Because if you found just THAT part of my opinion on him offensive, the rest of will probably blow your mind and make me sound like the meanest person alive.... I'd like to think that isn't the case just because I happen to have a negative opinion on a Let's Player.
FlipMode

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 1st, 2013, 5:41 pm

Yeah, he does do that a lot but you just assumed he did in that in his To The Moon Lets Play. Hold up...JB screams a lot and makes rape jokes? He plays video games?
You are the one who turned it into a PewDie discussion, and I felt the need to reply because what you said was simply uncalled for and not relevant to the thread in the first place.
I don't want to hear your opinion, but you can go ahead and voice it. I just have a different one and I'll happily keep mine to myself.

All I said was how I knew the game. I'm sorry if how I found out about it offended you because you don't like Let's Players. -.-
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby FlipMode » June 1st, 2013, 5:48 pm

^Typical response from a PewDiePie fan
I dont want to hear your opinion because it is negative about him Boo-hoo
Oh and I dont hate all LPers. Just him, he is bad at it
FlipMode

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 1st, 2013, 5:52 pm

What the actual f***. I don't want to hear your opinion about him because I know I'll retaliate and cause a massive argument.

Sometimes Flip, you are one of the nicest guys I know. Sometimes, the things you say make you sound like a complete ass. That's been on my chest for a long time. I know I'm just an 'immature little teenager who doesn't know anything about the world' but idec. <--- This isn't just to do with your statement about PewDiePie, its to do with other things you've said as well.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby Hydro » June 1st, 2013, 6:38 pm

Whoa, Pewdie, look what you've done :O . Seriously though I don't think its worth quarreling over a let's player, I think he's annoying at times but he does pull off some funny moments at other times. I've seen too many PewDiePie arguments and they're all pretty pointless, we should just agree to try and accept each other's opinion about him even no matter who started, and no matter the background history of each member. Its just a let's player (Easy for me to say because I'm not a fan of him), but you get my point I presume. I know how it is to be a big fan of something, and I know how it feels when someone insults what I really like, or my opinion, but containing my johnnies is the best way to deal with the situation. Or getting involved in a constructive debate which won't end in a brawl. Don't know if I'm a hypocrite or not, LOL, but that's my opinion on how these things should be handled, I guess.

Also, since the topic derailed to lets players, MARKIPLIER MASTER RACE. I think Markiplier is the best lets player currently. I enjoy watching his videos the most. Next would be Toby Turner. But not much these days. Only watched him in Amnesia and Portal 2, and they were pretty good.

Now, back on topic, that sure looks like a really interesting game and has the kind of plotline I'd really like.
I don't really like the sound of it not having a huge load of gameplay, but everything else really looks interesting. I'll research it a little more, then if it seems to suit my tastes, I'll have a go at it. By your opinion and description, Flip, it really looks like an awesome game already. xD

Hydro

Why don't you have a seat right over there?

Pride Points: 8

Next

Return to The Den