Xbox One!

Re: Xbox One!

Postby LionsAreKings » June 4th, 2013, 2:42 am

Remind you of anything? xD
Try listening to their music and getting rid of your "filters"
LionsAreKings
The Irregular

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Josh, LAK, LRK
Pride Points: 33

Postby FlipMode » June 4th, 2013, 9:35 pm

[quote="DGFone"]

What do you guys think of this video?[/quote]

He said it can be turned off when unplugged and I don't mind if it watches me when gaming, so it hasn't really changed my opinion on it.

[quote]It may sell well, due to all of the fanboys and naive people but it will suffer in the long run.[/quote]

Are you saying it will eventually die if people buy it initially? How would it being popular be a bad thing for it?
If not, how would you even know what the future holds for this console?

[quote]It's hard to say if Microsoft is going to recover from this. [/quote]

One sentence ago you were telling me the future, now it is "hard to say"?

Of course they will, show me some decent XBone games and they will have my pre order. I doubt I will be getting one right away, because I will get a PS4 but I could certainly see me eventually getting an XBone.

[quote] Gamers don't want Sports or TV. If we wanted that we'd go outside or change channels.

I feel sorry for people who buy the Xbox One. Rest In Peace.[/quote]

Technology has come a long way, its different where consoles used to be just for games but technology now allows them to do more than just games.

I do not get it, someone please explain to me why Xbox letting me watch TV in addition to games is a negative? Yes TV is for TV and console is for games but they integrated it all into one to make it easier, a little more intuitive and seamless. How is that a bad thing?
I mean do people think the PS4 will be JUST for games? You can bet it will be multimedia, not just gaming...It's a good thing!

I just do not see how the things people are hating on the One for are bad. Most of them are good things. Do people think MS will use our information for bad things? It will be used for adverts and recognition, the PS4 they confirmed during the reveal does the same thing, it knows what you are likely to buy next and suggests to you, it even downloads in advance what it thinks you will buy so when you do, its already there... That is not much worse than what MS is doing.
Recognition is a good thing.

The only other thing would be used games fees, which does suck. But we do not even know if it is true, how much it will be or under what circumstances we will have to pay it.

So why don't we all calm our tits and wait and see what happens?
Remember you need knowledge and proof to have a truly valid opinion and you need to have TRIED something, we have none of those for either console yet. So I am pretty neutral about it.
(Except for the design, it looks fuxing hideous) but that's not a deal breaker IMO
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » June 13th, 2013, 1:05 am

I have no idea what M$$$$$$ is thinking these days, but...

DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby MalibuTrashDog » June 13th, 2013, 1:34 am

Definitely not investing in this console. I see nothing that they made to make this system better. An ever watching Kinect? No thanks, I don't want another camera for the government to hack into and watch me K thanks. Also did you know with the current Kinect if you have your lights off and the system off and you look through a night vision camera you can see all the infrared points that are emitted out of it?

Also you have to be connected 24/7 to the Internet for your games to work. What.

You can't trade, borrow or use used games. What.

There's just so many more wrong things with it I can't even.

Also WTF PRICE???
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby FlipMode » June 14th, 2013, 12:49 am

^IKR.
It's one thing to have inferior hardware and block used games. It's quite another to charge more than the competition for the privilege of having those restrictions.
I 100% think MS will drop the price or offer some kind of extra "value" now they know PS4 is cheaper, either that or sprint to launch as quick as they can, which is never good.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Regulus » June 14th, 2013, 1:08 am

^ I'm beginning to wonder if the PS4's price is entirely dependent on the XB1's. I mean, if the PS4 had been announced at $400 to begin with, would MS have tried to undercut that?

Sony definitely had the advantage, just because MS went first. They knew what they were competing against, and adjusted their marketing strategy accordingly. Even if they sell PS4's at a loss, that is irrelevant if they end up dominating the market like they did with the PS2.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby FlipMode » June 14th, 2013, 1:16 am

I guess. I mean one of them (damn it unintentional puns) was going to have to give a price first and always had that risk. Oddly while One is confirmed November, PS4 still has a "Fall '13" unspecified date. Not only cheaper but may yet even beat One to the market.
Funny how it is delayed by a year in Asia, the one region the 360 bombed in "Don't buy our stuff? Fine! No soup for you!" http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/101481/ ... ia-in-2014
Probably planning to do it when there are more JRPGS and stuff.
FlipMode

Postby DGFone » June 14th, 2013, 1:31 am

^ And now the developers of The Witcher 3, based in Poland, is quite mad. Their game was one of the things that was really one of the few good points in the Xbone E3...

And now they found out that the Xbone is not coming to Poland at all.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2013/06/ ... in-poland/
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » June 14th, 2013, 8:23 am

This November, I'm buying a brick.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby OuRaion » June 20th, 2013, 9:39 am

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/m ... e-policies

Hmm....
Microsoft apparently listened and changed most things. No longer region locked, doesn't have to be online once every 24 hours, no used games fee.

But you still need the Kinect and it still costs more for less power.
I'm not backing up Microsoft, just thought that everyone should know.

Xbox 180?
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

PreviousNext

Return to The Den