Xbox One!

Xbox One!

Postby Kopalover » May 22nd, 2013, 3:54 am

Most of you should already know about the xbox one, especially the huge gamers. Like me!
I'm getting it hopefully the day it comes out. I just wanted to ask your opinions on it.
Any favourite features? Any problems you have with it? I would love to hear your opinions!
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Re: Xbox One!

Postby FlipMode » May 22nd, 2013, 5:10 am

I went into the conference thing pretty open minded and came out of it pretty much certain I will not be getting an Xbox One.
From a gaming perspective there was literally two games there that will be exclusive to One, everything else was multiplatform.
That's always been the problem with Xbox, they always market it as multimedia.

Xbox - a multimedia hub that functions as a game console.
PlaySation - a game console that functions as a multimedia hub.

The clues are in the names, even. But I'm a huge gamer too and PlayStation is the only console providing for gamers right now.
Honestly though, next gen looks pretty lame. Best bet is to skip consoles entirely and get a decent PC gaming rig :3
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Regulus » May 22nd, 2013, 5:26 am

It's true. :P

Now, can someone hand me a ladder so I can get down from my high horse?
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby KingCub » May 22nd, 2013, 5:47 am

[quote="Regulus"]Image

Now, can someone hand me a ladder so I can get down from my high horse?[/quote]

HAHAHA! I love this....

I used a console for about 2 years and just recently built my own gaming PC, so I know both sides of the story. From that, I will have to agree and say that PC is on top. At the rate computer components are dropping, I think consoles will be phased out, not sure how long that will take tho.

The Xbox is geared more to family and entertainment, and the PS4 is more for the hardcore gamer. I think that will be Xbox's downfall, they just are not in the right market.
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby OuRaion » May 22nd, 2013, 8:14 am

OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby LionsAreKings » May 22nd, 2013, 9:21 am

My friend sent this to me earlier in the morning and I must say I found it quite hilarious.

What I gathered from it: "TV? TV... TV? WATCH TV... SPORTS?! SPORTSSSSS."

[quote="Regulus"]Image

Now, can someone hand me a ladder so I can get down from my high horse?[/quote]

Hahaha Brilliant! +1 For Yahtzee.

But yeah, PC and PS4 for me!
Try listening to their music and getting rid of your "filters"
LionsAreKings
The Irregular

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Josh, LAK, LRK
Pride Points: 33

Postby OuRaion » May 22nd, 2013, 9:27 am

Just what everyone wants!

TV, sports and Call of Duty.

The ultimate gaming machine!

I'm so buying one now!

(sarcasm)

I think I'll stick to PC until they figure out that CoD is not important.
That is, unless you're in the 6-12 year old range.
OuRaion

Postby Shadowfax » May 22nd, 2013, 10:16 am

At the moment, I am not too happy with it if I am honest. Some of the features are cool. but I think they are focusing way too much on what they 'can' do with it rather than what the fans would like. And the console itself looks ugly O__o Looks like a 90's VCR player!!

Right now I doubt I will get one, and if I do it won't be for atleast another two years. Atleast Lightning returns is going to be a 360 release thank god.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Regulus » May 22nd, 2013, 12:22 pm

[quote="Shadowfax"]And the console itself looks ugly O__o Looks like a 90's VCR player!![/quote]

I wonder if it actually has a fan big enough to dissipate the heat that it produces? The 360s were basically toaster ovens.

Seriously, Microsoft, all your RROD problems would have been solved if you just put a Zalman in those things.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby OuRaion » May 22nd, 2013, 9:59 pm

Let's not forget the voice commands!
'Xbox, turn on PS4.'
I wanted a console, not a gesture and voice based TV remote.

Alright, I'm done here.
Maybe not, but for now.
OuRaion

Next

Return to The Den