Disney Infinity (Release: Augaust 2013)

Disney Infinity (Release: Augaust 2013)

Postby FlipMode » January 21st, 2013, 4:45 pm

So cool! :D
This was just announced by Disney, it's their newest video game launching on ever platform later this year in June.
It works a little like Skylanders, there is a USB hub which you place real life figurines on, these figurines are the characters you use and levels you play in. (I.E you could play as either Jack Sparrow or Davey Jones in the PotC levels by placing the character on the hub.)

Worlds confirmed so far; Epcot Park, Magic Kingdom Park, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pirates of the Caribbean and Monster's University have all been shown

That's all well and good but then there is a toy box mode where you can have any characters and any buildings, items, enemies etc from any Disney IP and mash them all together, make your own stories etc and play other people's. Examples shown so far included a recreation of Bowser's Castle from Mario Kart, raced on by the Cars from... Cars!

The game will launch with over thirty collectible character figures, power discs (place these under a character for extra abilities / weapons) and more than three play set levels (though only three have actually been unveiled so far)

Dudes, we could create our own Lion King levels and have any character from any Disney movie be in them! =0

Basically this game has incredible potential. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HhGLfXw5c4 (Full hour long unveil presentation)
https://infinity.disney.com/#!/en-gb (Official Site)
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... s-figures/ (Useful article)
Last edited by FlipMode on April 23rd, 2013, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Disney Infinity (Release: June 2013)

Postby Regulus » January 21st, 2013, 5:01 pm

No TLK, not interested.

But if that just happens to be added in the future, count me in.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Re: Disney Infinity (Release: June 2013)

Postby FlipMode » April 23rd, 2013, 6:27 pm

Update -
The Lion King is indeed in this game! Pride Rock is unlock-able.

Pride Rock is briefly shown around the 18 minute mark.

Also delayed to August, booo
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Disney Infinity (Release: Augaust 2013)

Postby SophieCub » April 23rd, 2013, 6:35 pm

I saw this advertised when I was in Game, I was so excited. I might get it if the Lion King is in it though. And June is my birthday month so I will have some money for August! Yay! ^^
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby DGFone » May 3rd, 2013, 12:39 am

That Pride Rock in the video is a lame mock-up. Not interested. :P

Besides, even if I were to somehow able to play on a live-size actual copy of Pride Rock, I would only be interested if I could play as a TLK character. Yeah, I said it.

Apart from that, the graphics remind me a lot of Team Fortress 2 mixed with MineCraft.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Ninaroja » June 5th, 2013, 12:33 am

[quote="DGFone"]
Besides, even if I were to somehow able to play on a live-size actual copy of Pride Rock, I would only be interested if I could play as a TLK character. Yeah, I said it.[/quote]

Sort of possible in Kingdom Hearts 2?... though you play as Sora. And the Pride Lands World is pretty small... never mind :(.

I will probably end up getting this since it's coming out on Wii (thank God, breathed a sigh of relief there since Wii's probably going to be discontinued soon). Hopefully it's way better than Disney universe though :/ that game was fun for the first half hour then majorly diappointing
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby FlipMode » June 5th, 2013, 10:45 am

[quote="Ninaroja"][quote="DGFone"]
Besides, even if I were to somehow able to play on a live-size actual copy of Pride Rock, I would only be interested if I could play as a TLK character. Yeah, I said it.[/quote]

Sort of possible in Kingdom Hearts 2?... though you play as Sora. And the Pride Lands World is pretty small... never mind :(.

I will probably end up getting this since it's coming out on Wii (thank God, breathed a sigh of relief there since Wii's probably going to be discontinued soon). Hopefully it's way better than Disney universe though :/ that game was fun for the first half hour then majorly diappointing[/quote]

I'm sure it will be. I'm interested in the game, but not interested with how much it will cost... Yikes, it's scary to even think about it.
FlipMode

Postby Ninaroja » June 5th, 2013, 6:01 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]

I'm sure it will be. I'm interested in the game, but not interested with how much it will cost... Yikes, it's scary to even think about it.[/quote]

Never even thought about that :/ the skylanders figures cost £8.99 for one here in the UK. I'm sure Disney will want to charge higher than that. And knowing me I'll want to buy a lot of them :(

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja

Postby FlipMode » June 7th, 2013, 9:57 am

^And wouldn't you just know it, you are absolutely right :D
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ ... Caps%2C178
£13.50 each!
In fairness you can get a pack of three for £30 which £10 each is not so bad but STILL!
Game itself is £60 and the ability discs are £4

Most of that us okay to be honest but the characters are over priced as Hayull!
FlipMode

Postby Ninaroja » June 7th, 2013, 12:50 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]^And wouldn't you just know it, you are absolutely right :D
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ ... Caps%2C178
£13.50 each!
In fairness you can get a pack of three for £30 which £10 each is not so bad but STILL!
Game itself is £60 and the ability discs are £4

Most of that us okay to be honest but the characters are over priced as Hayull![/quote]

£60??

I need to get a job :/

The cash cow goes moo I guess

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja

Next

Return to The Den