STEAM

STEAM

Postby Misiziri » June 28th, 2012, 4:52 pm

Y'know, for general discussion of Steam accounts and games C: Let's list our names so we can add each other if we want. I just created mine about 30 minutes ago, I guess this is kind of like an Adobe that lets you play video games online. I'm in the midst of downloading Team Fortress 2, it's taking forever though -_-

Anyways, my name is: SweetiePieBunny. I'll list names here, just tell me and I'll add them :]

Names list:
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Re: STEAM

Postby FlipMode » June 28th, 2012, 9:05 pm

I have a steam account, I think its the same as my PSN Account which is
"nextbigthing91"
Ummm but don't really add me on it though, because I barely ever use it and the only game I have on it is Portal 2, and its unlikely that I will ever really get any more on it so it would be a bit of a waste of time.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Misiziri » June 28th, 2012, 9:10 pm

How can you get Portal 2 on there when it's an XBox game? Does it convert to a PC game if you get it through Steam or something? :U
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » June 29th, 2012, 6:58 am

You can get it on pc too I believe. Mine is the ps3 version which lets you play with both PS3 and PC players and comes with a steam code for the pc version. Both pc and ps3 versions both use steam and the same servers :) but I do have steam on pc as well because of that.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Misiziri » June 29th, 2012, 3:58 pm

I had to get rid of my TF2 and Steam download :I My mom says it's making the computer go too slow.
Misiziri

Postby Simbaholikov » June 29th, 2012, 4:11 pm

Ugh, Steam.. the WORST gaming idea ever. @____@
If I find out a game needs Steam, well, it's a pirates life for me.
Simbaholikov

Postby Misiziri » June 29th, 2012, 5:16 pm

What's so bad about Steam? For me it was only kind of slow, but that's probably just my computer.
Misiziri

Postby Simbaholikov » June 29th, 2012, 5:23 pm

Eh.. whut's good about Steam. @_@

If the Steam servers are down, you can't play the game you bought.
If you're not connected to the internet, you can't play the game you bought.
Updates take foreeeeever, and Steam force updates it automatically which you can't stop so you sometimes have to wait 30+ min to play.
Hugely unreliable and error prone.

Etc. @_@
Simbaholikov

Postby Woeler » July 12th, 2012, 10:09 pm

[quote="Simbaholic"]Eh.. whut's good about Steam. @_@

If the Steam servers are down, you can't play the game you bought.
If you're not connected to the internet, you can't play the game you bought.
Updates take foreeeeever, and Steam force updates it automatically which you can't stop so you sometimes have to wait 30+ min to play.
Hugely unreliable and error prone.

Etc. @_@[/quote]

might just be your pc... I have a gaming pc and steam works great.

btw my steam: woeler1
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Regulus » July 12th, 2012, 11:22 pm

[quote="Simbaholic"]If the Steam servers are down, you can't play the game you bought.
If you're not connected to the internet, you can't play the game you bought. [/quote]

There is a 'play offline' option.

[quote="Simbaholic"]Updates take foreeeeever, and Steam force updates it automatically which you can't stop so you sometimes have to wait 30+ min to play.[/quote]

Then your internet sucks. And that applies to any online game, regardless of steam.

[quote="Simbaholic"]Hugely unreliable and error prone.[/quote]

Never had any problems with it.

[quote="Misiziri"]What's so bad about Steam? For me it was only kind of slow, but that's probably just my computer.[/quote]

Yup, probably. Steam has no effect on my computer's performance, but, then again, I have a mid-range custom built desktop gaming rig that eats gigabytes for breakfast.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Next

Return to The Den