Minecraft

Re: Minecraft

Postby KingKivuli » September 9th, 2011, 12:58 am

look at pictures 2 and 3 nothing there right well look what another hours worth of block bashing does

I HAVE A ROOF!
Attachments
ship roof.jpg
my pretty roof
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Arani » September 11th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Question: How do you keep a Minecraft server updated? I have a server but after a while it always says "Outdated Server." And wants me to update the server and idk how, cant find tutorials on it. How r u guys doing it?????? 0_o Thx!
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Arani » September 15th, 2011, 12:52 am

*Double Post*

WOOHOO!!!!!!!! 1.8 just came out today! It's so cool! :D :D :D

Unfortunalty, I lost my multiplayer amusement park... :( But still, sweet update!
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KingKivuli » September 15th, 2011, 11:57 am

not sure about the server, ill find out

as for 1.8 it is awesome i wasnt so sure about the whole only 2 options either creative where its all free and easy (i hate it) or survival where you have to eat i was disappointed about it all that there was no option to play as we have done with no food needed. Thats until i went on a friends server on survival with monsters..... ZOMG SO MUCH FUN hehe its been sooooo long since i played with the zombies and such but i really enjoyed it ^^

also as a note there are new enemies they are tall, lanky and dark coloured, they vanish into thin air and can kill u fast but i know their weakness its water ive noticed several if them dying in it
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Arani » September 18th, 2011, 2:10 am

Ok thx. But don't you and Moka play on the same server or do you guys play on a public server someone else made?

And I like the update! xD Both modes r fun for diferent reasons. Found any of the large dungeons or bosses? I heard they were in the game.

Those tall dark things r Enderman, they run insane fast and can teleport. Ya their wekness is water so they're found most in destert-like areas or towards the middle of the map because they hate the ocean. xD they steal your tourches and are attracted to light so if u can use light stone instead of torches if at all possible. Theyre also unable to steal blocks you've placed, apperently, but not totally sure on that one. lol. I've only watched tem do this on my Brother's map because I'm to much of a wimp to turn on monsters until I've built a whole fortress. xDD They give me the willies!
Arani

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 6th, 2012, 9:10 pm

I can't believe this thread died :P I'll post some screencaps of some stuff that I've been working on. Nakisisa, KK and morri have all had a hand in it as well.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 8th, 2012, 7:58 am

Screengrab time!

1.png
The outside of my building. Since then I've put windows in the top level.
2.png
3.png
The entry hallway. The entrance is that brick thing on the left. This is with the lights turned on. Later you will see it with the lights off, and how the lights can be turned on and off at the touch of a button.
4.png
There is a reading room inside. The lights in there can also be turned on and off. They are on the same circuit (currently the only circuit in the building) that the hallway is on.
5.png
This is the corner of the reading room. I would have put this by the door, but originally I did not have the book room planned to be where I ended up deciding to put it. It also takes a two-block addition at least, to the width of a wall, for a circuit to run through it and I haven't yet gotten around to adding this to the entry hallway.
5.png (72.04 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
6.png
The hallway with the lights out.
7.png
The reading room with the lights out.
8.png
The lights are simply blocks of glowstone.
9.png
10.png
Here we are on the second floor. We will explore the third, deemed the ball room, later.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 8th, 2012, 8:03 am

Appears the max amount of attachments is ten. Here are the rest!

11.png
With the lights turned on, the glowstone blocks are flush with the ceiling while wooden blocks like the rest of the ceiling lay waiting next to each one. When the button is pushed, a charge is sent down the redstone control line and triggers all of the sticky pistons to fire, pulling the glowstone blocks out of the ceiling. At the same time, the charge triggers the piston on one end to push the row, sliding the regular blocks into place to be pushed down when the sticky piston releases. The same happens when turning the lights on, but from the other end so the glowstone blocks are pushed into place. Which end piston fires is a complicated arrangement involving lots of timing and clever placement of redstone repeaters and control line, as well as timing settings on the repeaters, so that only the desired piston fires in the condition of either on or off. Thankfully, I didn't have to work that all out, someone on YouTube worked it out and I re-built it myself on the Midgard server. morri908 helped me with a bug that came after the creation of the youtube video, where glowstone ceased to be conductive of a redstone charge and caused complications with the last light of each row.
12.png
Here it is with the lights turned off. The glowstone blocks are all above the ceiling and the wooden blocks from before are now down.
13.png
The button in the control room has redstone control lines going in both directions away from it. One goes to the control line for the lights and the other goes down here, through the wall and to the button that is on the wall in the reading room. I made this space in the wall two blocks, but it can be done with only one in theory. The block the line goes to has the button on the other side. Pushing the button sends the charge, which travels through a repeater just before the main button and triggers the entire system.
14.png
Here's a view from the top level. Since then I have added windows. I don't know what's in those other buildings but sometime I will have to go exploring. Someone else made them.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Fangtuft » June 24th, 2013, 3:59 am

Awesome bases guys! I should post some of mine! I also have started a server today! IP: 208.167.250.244:25745
I came here looking for a TLK server, does anyone know if there is one??
yes, i am a comic author uvuImage
Fangtuft

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Be Prepared!!!

Nickname(s): Cyuuzaki
Pride Points: 1

Previous

Return to The Den