Blondie

Blondie

Postby ScarHades » January 23rd, 2016, 11:34 am

I'm not a fan of this band, but I like some of their tunes and my top 6 favourites by them are:

1 The Tide Is High
2 Sunday Girl
3 Hanging On The Telephone
4 Atomic
5 Union City Blue
6 Dreaming

There are 2 songs by them that I hate which are Maria and Call Me.

I first heard of them when Maria was in the charts when we I was in S2 and I didn't know they were a 70's band until 1 point shortly after I finished school when I heard a song of theirs on the radio and the Disc Jockey said it was them from the 70's. They were originally known as Angel And The Snake, but were renamed to Blondie in late 1975 which comes from comments made by truck drivers who called "Hey, Blondie" to Debbie Harry as they drove by. Now I'm sure we all know she's the lead vocalist of the band and having looked at photos of her on Google today, I don't like her 1 bit.
Last edited by ScarHades on January 13th, 2019, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Re: Blondie

Postby Gaze » May 14th, 2016, 9:46 pm

I LOVE blondie........actually i saw blondie and Devo perform at a winery a few years ago, but admittedly we were only there for Devo and left early during blondie's set, as poor Debbie seems to have really lost her touch....but now that I am so fond of her, I wish we had stayed despite it all

anyway yeah, i love the pop hits of the 80s so much.....'tide is high' was one of my favs as a kid and I still love it....wow she looks SO beautiful in the video for that one....'heart of glass' and 'call me' are definitely the other BEST songs
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Return to The Den