Does anyone write their own music?

Does anyone write their own music?

Postby DreamEater » May 17th, 2013, 6:56 pm

Or know how to play any instruments?

Here's my story about my musician life: I don't sing at all. I've disliked doing it more and more as I got older and here I am now, refusing to sing at all! However, I've written many lyrics and came up with beats for songs in the near past. Looking back at them all recently, they were really corny and I threw them all out.

So, I wanted to still write lyrics but not for the type of music I was anymore, so I thought about what I could write for, thought and thought...So then the idea finnaly sparked in my head, "Hey, I should write raps!"

And here I am now, none of them are entirely finished but I have 7 raps with song titles and very unique lyrics in my eyes. If anyone would like to see my lyrics to the raps, just say one of the names below or just say 'all of them' if you're curious to know!

Spoiler: show
Survive
Eager
My Eyes
Us
Vampire
Satisfaction Guaranteed
This Flower

Does anyone else have a story to tell about their life writing music? Do you play any instruments? Are you trying to get a band going? Do you already have songs written? Share whatever you have right here!
DreamEater
HEY IT'S ALRIGHT

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

MY LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN A BED OF ROSES

Pride Points: 29

Re: Does anyone write their own music?

Postby AdAstrα » May 17th, 2013, 7:02 pm

I sing a lot and have written a few songs :) I also play some guitar & piano, but I'm not that good tbh. I'd love to start a rock band one day, it's on my list of things to do before I die, lol.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby FlipMode » May 17th, 2013, 7:43 pm

Played the drums a bit and guitar even less... That's about it.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheLionPrince » May 20th, 2013, 7:29 pm

I tried playing on piano when I was starting high school because I was hoping to start a career as a lyricist or music producer. I wrote the lyrics for the songs I wrote, and imagined the music rhythm in my head since I couldn't read music at the time. However, I gave up on it in favor of being a journalist or filmmaker, but if that doesn't come to fruition, I'll consider reviving my interest in a career in the music industry.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Kal » May 21st, 2013, 12:30 am

Yeah I compose my own music. The tracks don't have lyrics as such, it's about the music. :P Ambient and soundscapes and such. Real headphone stuff. Maybe one day I will have the confidence to show the world...
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Postby nalasimba83 » May 25th, 2013, 7:47 pm

I do write song lyrivs and try out the best tune on my piano.
I do love music as written on my bio.

All signatures created by me :3
Itachi and Gin forever!
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Postby nalasimba83 » May 25th, 2013, 7:48 pm

I do write song lyrivs and try out the best tune on my piano.
I do love music as written on my bio.

All signatures created by me :3
Itachi and Gin forever!
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Postby LionsAreKings » August 21st, 2013, 1:58 pm

Music is one of the main points in my life. I've been playing Bass for just over 6 years now and I've also been learning Guitar and Piano for close to 2 years. I started writing music at the beginning of last year after I chose "Song Writing and Composition" as my topic for Individual Study. I don't really sing (Working on it!) but I do write lyrics occasionally for my songs. I am going to be investing in the English Version of Hatsune Miku, a singing synthesizer application at the end of this month so that should cover the vocals.

But yeah, that's my history with music in a nutshell.
Try listening to their music and getting rid of your "filters"
LionsAreKings
The Irregular

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Josh, LAK, LRK
Pride Points: 33

Return to The Den