Is it wrong to like Christian music without being a Christia

Is it wrong to like Christian music without being a Christia

Postby FlipMode » June 19th, 2012, 5:35 pm

Is it wrong for me to enjoy songs by Kutless, Owl City, Summertime's End, Skillet, Group 1 Crew, 1000 Foot Clutch and Starfield to name just a few, whom are Christian bands or have songs with clear influence in them, but not actually be a Christian myself?

I mean even some hip-hop is Christian related; Bliss N Eso for example, takes the basic ideas and how one can use it to form their own ideaoligies. But IDK what do you think? Is it wrong to listen to songs that give "praise to the Lord" and not acutally believe or care in it yourself?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Is it wrong to like Christian music without being a Chri

Postby Eli_Ayase » June 19th, 2012, 5:38 pm

I don't think it is wrong. If you like the song you listen to it :/ I've heard many atheists listen to Firelight (Christian rock band too) and they don't really care, they just like the music...

That's just my opinion.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Woeler » June 19th, 2012, 5:43 pm

Nope. I don't like religion at all but I love Golden Resurrection which is a white metalband
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby SlayerOfLight » June 19th, 2012, 5:53 pm

Not as far as I'm concerned. If there are atheists listening to satanic Black-metal, then why not Christian Music? lol.

When it comes to Christian Music: I'd recommend you Golden Resurrection, Divine Fire, Narnia, Audiovision, Stellar Kart, Hillsong United, HB.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby FlipMode » June 19th, 2012, 5:55 pm

[quote="MsNatalieRiddleStern"]I don't think it is wrong. If you like the song you listen to it :/ I've heard many atheists listen to Firelight (Christian rock band too) and they don't really care, they just like the music...

That's just my opinion.[/quote]
I like that band too =D though I don't really see the Christian influence in their songs as much as the others I listed :)
I guess the realisty is people like what they like; but if we can all enjoy Christian music, then why do some people bash those who believe in it as a religion? o.0
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Eli_Ayase » June 19th, 2012, 5:59 pm

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="MsNatalieRiddleStern"]I don't think it is wrong. If you like the song you listen to it :/ I've heard many atheists listen to Firelight (Christian rock band too) and they don't really care, they just like the music...

That's just my opinion.[/quote]
I like that band too =D though I don't really see the Christian influence in their songs as much as the others I listed :)
I guess the realisty is people like what they like; but if we can all enjoy Christian music, then why do some people bash those who believe in it as a religion? o.0[/quote]

Yey Firelight liker <3
And I've been asking that myself actually, I guess because people have nothing to do, so in that case bash those who believe. :|
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby SlayerOfLight » June 19th, 2012, 6:02 pm

^ I think because Christianity is pretty much hated thanks to wolves in sheep's clothing that have been there for centuries, claiming to be ''christian'' while doing things that proves their own words otherwise.

So, no marvel christian music is being bashed, as well those who believe in it.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Panda-chan » June 19th, 2012, 8:11 pm

Who's stopping you? I don't even pay attention to any religious or non-religious influence in songs that I enjoy. Music is music dude.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby SnowyCheetah » June 19th, 2012, 8:48 pm

I don't see the problem with it, and if anyone has a problem, they need to pull the stick out of their butt and get on with their own life lol. It goes both ways. I'm Catholic but I can't stand most of the Christian rock that's played on the radio because every song sounds more or less the same. If you like it, there's nothing wrong listening to it even if you're not Christian.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Tabby » June 20th, 2012, 12:46 am

So I listen to black metal music, I must be a devil x), I also listen to christian bands, like creed, lol, it's ok, it has nothing to do, the music it's mostly about liking how it does sound in your ears, and if you like it, what's the problem? x)

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Next

Return to The Den