Music Genres you dislike

Re: Music Genres you dislike

Postby Vish » April 9th, 2012, 3:04 pm

[quote="Ozy"][quote="Vish"]I like most music.
Rap is a good music genre. Only good rappers are Tupac, Immortal Technique, Biggie Smalls well pretty much all the old rap artists.
New rep is just absolutely TERRIBLE, Don't mind me saying but it is all Sh*t like Lil Wayne pretends to be a rapper and tries to rap but his lyrics mean nothing at all.

As in Tupac, Immortal Technique. They pretty much rap about problems in the world. If you listen closely, It is pretty messed up.
Listen too Dance With The Devil by Immortal Technique. (I warn you it isn't for kids since it has ALOT of swearing and messed up stuff)

Anyways. I don't like stuff like Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black or any new stuff. That ain't music.[/quote]

Immortal Technique! Yes!!

I feel the same way. Some rap I can deal with, but it has to have interesting lyrics and a good baseline. Some guy just yelling about how many girls he's been with and how many cars he has is ridiculously irritating.[/quote]

Yeah, When i first heard Dance With The Devil i was aight.
Then it started to come to where he bashes and fights people and selling crack to gain respect. Then they suggesting raping someone. Also killing someone and starring into their eyes. Then they got to them raping someone which was dragged onto the roof. The amount of brutality said in this one verse is mind blowing. "Billy stomped on the bi*ch till he broken her jaw* Also they kicked her till they broken her ribs.*
Then the what made my jaw drop even more that it was his mom, Then he killed himself but he did have a good reason to do it since he did dance with the devil.

When he says "so when the devil wants to dance with you, you better say never
because the dance with the devil might last you forever"

That is completely true since it will make regret EVERYTHING!
Completely insane!
Vish
Love In An Elevator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Lovin' It Up Till I Hit The Ground.

Nickname(s): Vish
Pride Points: 11

Postby FlipMode » April 9th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Yeah I still like some hip hop / rap. Some modern artists are actually still good when it comes to lyrical meaning and such, you just have to search for them is all.
I still do like over hyped artists like Lil Wayne though, sure the lyrics are stupid, but its no different to why people like stupid movies, its just fun to listen to.

I mean why do songs have to have deep meanings and stuff to them? Can we really not just enjoy a good rap song because its fun to listen to?
Anyway, it still definitely bugs me when people say stuff like "I hate all rap" when they have not given it a proper try, people like Lil Wayne, Novi No etc they do give it bad name, but once you hear the likes of Bliss N Eso you realise that they are still good fun any way.

There are songs in every genre I love, and also songs I hate that make me wander why I ever liked the genre in the first place. I prefer to like songs instead of the artists who produced them =)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Shadowfax » April 9th, 2012, 6:17 pm

I dislike rap with a passion xD It's not music to me.. It's just people talking :P
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Molliver » December 4th, 2012, 6:50 pm

Dubstep. It shouldn't even qualify as music:|
Molliver
Forever Drinking Tea

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Moll, Moose
Pride Points: 5

Postby ScarsLove » December 4th, 2012, 7:00 pm

I don't generally dislike any genre because I love any kind of music as long as it sounds good to me. But if I had to pick it would be screamo. I'm sorry but I don't count people screaming into a microphone for 3 to 4 minutes music. I'm also not a fan of Deathcore music or any kind of music that sounds ike 'devil' music. (This isn't to say that I put down music based on my religion, because I'm an agnostic atheist which isn't even a religion. I just don't want to listen to music that literally sounds satanic/evil. )

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Carl » December 7th, 2012, 2:37 am

There's only two genres that there's pretty much nothing in it I like, and that's country and Christian music (though I do like some songs that have some religious aspects, just not the stuff that's purely religious and nothing else). And if we count American pop as a genre, I pretty well dislike it, too, but I don't think it's technically a separate entity from other pop, so.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Sigurd » February 17th, 2013, 11:13 pm

Hip-Hop, rnb and House, they are genres I really dislike.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Pride Points: 14

Postby nalasimba83 » May 26th, 2013, 1:32 am

I hate soul music and sometimes disco
Classicsl is Ok.

All signatures created by me :3
Itachi and Gin forever!
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Postby TheLionQueen » May 28th, 2013, 4:22 am

Rap -_-
TheLionQueen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rachel or TLQ
Pride Points: 33

Postby SlayerOfLight » May 28th, 2013, 3:27 pm

No chance on earth or the hereafter will I EVER like rap or hip-hop.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Previous

Return to The Den