The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

Postby Carl » October 26th, 2015, 7:17 pm

Aright so, I'm really into this show right now and noticed we don't really have a current topic for it even though several members have been watching it and really liking it. For me personally, the show has been really helping me to deal with life right now and I think discussion would be nice.

I don't know how many people have read the comics or are reading them, but I suppose that discussion can go here too, because why wouldn't it? :P By extension discussion of the games can be left here as well. I don't have much to say about those yet, but you guys can have a hay day if you want. xD

For obvious reasons this thread may end up containing spoilers, especially with the time zones and different air times, so let's be courteous and keep any sensitive info in spoiler tags, shall we? :3 For the moment, I will refrain from posting season 6 spoilers. I don't think we'll need spoiler tags for the other seasons considering that info's been floating the 'net for ages now anyhow.

For those who have seen through season 5, what was your favorite season, if you can identify one, and why? Which characters are/were your favorites and who were you most sad to see go?

Personally, I think my favorite season was 4. I liked the development of the characters as they were split apart and had to find each other again en route to Terminus. They had hope and they had drive, and they kept going and hoping and searching even though everything indicated that things would probably not turn out okay. That I really enjoyed. The entire atmosphere of the season was intense and I just got really into it.

I tend to like a lot of characters in the things I get into, but I do have favorites. :P Carl, Daryl, Glenn, Carol, Maggie, Michonne; that's not a comprehensive list I'll bet, but those are definitely some of my favorites.

We've lost a lot of people, so I'm not sure how I'd answer the last question I asked right now. What about you guys?

As a final question, anyone seen Fear the Walking Dead, and if so, thoughts on it thus far? (These should probably be in spoiler tags, I know several people on here haven't seen it yet!) I'll add my thoughts later.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Shawry111 » November 16th, 2015, 9:41 am

Oh my god I will get back to you its literally on right now just started! GOODBYE! :D:D::D:D:D::D:D:D:
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Carl » November 23rd, 2015, 4:06 am

Tonight's episode was really intense. You guys are gonna wanna see it. After the mid-season finale I'm sure we'll have a lot of things to talk about.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Shawry111 » November 23rd, 2015, 10:57 am

Damn I wanted to discuss it, oh and I forgot we had a mid season finale. Damn. Spoilers I guess

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » November 23rd, 2015, 7:52 pm

Put anything you want to discuss in a spoiler tag so those who aren't caught up can avoid spoilers and no problem. :)

After the mid-season finale, though, people will catch up and it'll be easier to discuss without spoiling anything for anyone. This is the first season I'm watching as it airs, and boy it's certainly exciting. There's a lot of comic-based speculation going on, so I'm trying to get through the comics, but I'm only ready for #45 of like, going on 150.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Shawry111 » November 24th, 2015, 12:30 am

*Possible Spoilers*

Yes there is, I do wonder when Glenn will die. I was sitting there as there were these little clips of the church breaking down and I was like, "Um, you guys are repairing that wall. But nobody suspected the church was coming down?". It was very good, I have never even read any of the comics. Are they different? Are they worth reading? So happy about you know who. Very, very good episode can't wait for next week holy moley!

Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby Carl » November 24th, 2015, 12:43 am

Spoiler: show
I just hope Glenn won't be going any time soon. I think he and the others still around from Atlanta are pretty much unkillable right now, but of course, I knew this time he wasn't dead. Pictures had been leaked in which he was seen with characters from the comics who have yet to appear in the TV series.

I kept wondering about that church too. Maybe they noticed, but couldn't do anything in time? The herd was out there, after all, they couldn't fix it at that point. To be honest, I'm seriously hoping that the walkers eat Ron. That ingrate hurts Carl and I'll be fuming. He didn't deserve any of the help they've given him.

The comics are different, in some cases drastically so. Some characters only appear in the comics, others only in the TV series. Some characters who appear in both are practically different people. A lot of deaths happen differently, etc. I definitely think they're worth reading though, and sometimes they do give us hints as to the future of the show, although it's gonna be different. My mom has been urging me to read the novels too, but they tie in with the comics and I need to be a certain distance in before reading those, I think.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Shawry111 » November 24th, 2015, 4:45 am

So do you think you know who will will kill Glenn in DC? I feel because we are just approaching the end of Alexandria that it will be a we while away... What do you think?

Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby Carl » November 24th, 2015, 4:57 am

In the comics I haven't reached Alexandria, and for all we know, no one will kill Glenn, no matter what happens in the comics. Some characters in the series died long ago in the comics, and some characters who died early on in the series outlived their TV counterparts in the comics.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Shawry111 » December 2nd, 2015, 7:24 am

Have you watched the mid season finale yet? O.O

Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Next

Return to The Den