My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby Ultra Fox » October 19th, 2015, 3:19 am

Didn't see an active thread about MLP FiM, so I decided to make one. Especially with some of the big reveals in the last few episodes I wanted to make a discussion thread. If there are any fans of the show still here (I know of at least a few), you can post here! :D Be wary, but there will be spoilers.

It's hard to believe that the CMC finally got their cutie marks after all these years, but I think Crusaders of the Lost Mark was the perfect time for it. Wonderful musical episode with a great message. Also, as much as I found Diamond Tiara to be a great villain, I'm glad that we finally found out why she's been such a jerk. Diamond Tiara's bullying pushed the CMC to find their purpose from the BEGINNING, so things have really come full circle.

Cadence and Shining Armor had a baby! Not much else to say, but I do wonder if the new character will have any bearing on future events.

God I'm such a frickin' dork for this show. :roll:

:lol: What you post doesn't have to be related, btw. Post whatever about MLP.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby Carl » October 19th, 2015, 5:36 am

I've been really digging season 5 myself. It's been really good in terms of story telling, animation, songs, and just about everything. A few of the episodes were just okay, but there's been a lot of big things happening and it's pretty exciting. :)

I actually think "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" is my favorite episode to date. The talent the CMC got was so fitting and well done, and I'm very glad they got something that allows them to continue doing what they love.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Ultra Fox » October 19th, 2015, 5:43 am

Season 5 has been fantastic. FiM can have some more mediocre episodes, but when an episode is good... it's not just good it's often fantastic.

Crusaders of the Lost Mark is one of my new favorites, too.

Not sure what my favorite episode of Season 5 so far in general would be. Amending Fences, Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?, Bloom & Gloom, and Brotherhooves Social are also some of my new favorites. I do still have a few episodes I've missed, but I make sure to watch any episode I've heard really good things about. I need to catch up a bit.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Postby Carl » October 19th, 2015, 6:15 am

I'd have to go through all the episodes again to decide my other favorites, but I have seen them all, and the Equestria Girls films as well, even though I didn't start watching until February this year. :P
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Ultra Fox » October 19th, 2015, 6:20 am

Heh, that's funny. I've been watching since early 2011. I remember being hyped for SEASON 2 coming out. :lol:

I've seen everything in the series, many episodes multiple times, all the EG movies. Only thing is a few S5 episodes I missed while I was busy and stressed with moving and such.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Postby Carl » October 19th, 2015, 6:32 am

I've been watching season 5's new episodes on YouTube a day or two after they air. The show helps with my stress, but watching it on TV when it comes on is pretty impossible.

I haven't rewatched many episodes yet, but I listen to many of the songs a lot and I've seen some reaction videos. The show has really surprised me, it's not something I ever thought I'd like until I did.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Ultra Fox » October 19th, 2015, 6:50 am

Same, especially as a 16/17 year old male (at the time). The series really showed me not to judge anything by its cover. Also the fact that I don't always have to act "masculine" just because I'm a guy. Just gotta be myself and enjoy what I enjoy. After a few episodes, I instantly loved the characters, writing, and humor.

I think the episode that I've rewatched the highest number of times is Lesson Zero. :lol:
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Postby Elton John » October 19th, 2015, 6:55 am

The show's pretty decent but it doesn't appeal to me much. I gotta give them credit tho, they made a show whose primary audience is young females and it isn't vapid.

*shudders at the thought of bratz and other shows that are completely insulting towards females*
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Buffy » October 19th, 2015, 6:58 am

I used to watch MLP: FiM but I seemed to have lost interest. I do like the show though and what it represents and if I ever have kids someday I'll be sure to let them watch it haha!
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Ultra Fox » October 19th, 2015, 7:04 am

[quote="Elton John"]The show's pretty decent but it doesn't appeal to me much. I gotta give them credit tho, they made a show whose primary audience is young females and it isn't vapid.

*shudders at the thought of bratz and other shows that are completely insulting towards females*[/quote]
I can understand how it's not for everyone.

Also, I see it more as a show like Powerpuff Girls rather than... yeah... Bratz. If you really watch the show, especially season 2 and onward, it's quite clear that many audiences other than little girls are very much on the minds of the writing staff.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Next

Return to The Den