Inside Out

Inside Out

Postby Lauren » June 20th, 2015, 4:20 pm

Pixar's newest film was released yesterday in America and I saw it since I was really anticipating for this film.

I absolutely LOVED this film from the moment it started. I can defiantly say that Inside Out is Pixar's return to greatness again since some of their recent films haven't been as impressive as their past films (their last great film being Toy Story 3 back in 2010). I didn't like Cars so I didn't even bother to see Cars 2, I didn't like Brave at all and it was such a big disappointment for me, and Monsters University was okay but nowhere near as good as Monsters Inc. I'm so happy to love a Pixar film again since they're known for their stunning animation and creative ideas that drive their films. The characters are very likeable and each of the them stand out in their own ways. The world building inside of Riley's mind is so unique and I couldn't believe how the animators visually showed how layered someone's mind can be. Now whenever I'm feeling something, that world is what I'll be picturing inside my head. The emotional core of the film was also very strong and I cried at least three times while watching it. I highly recommend this film, especially if you want to support Pixar again. For someone like me who's going to be studying psychology in college, that was also an extra bonus as to why I loved this film so much. It's already become one of my favorite Pixar films. Probably even in the top 5. :) :D

Now I'll get into my spoiler review:

Spoiler: show
I was very impressed with the way this film showed how Joy isn't the only emotion that someone needs to feel, especially for Riley when she was about to run away from San Francisco back to Minnesota. The breakdown she had after returning home helped her parents to understand how she was feeling about the transition in her life when it came to moving from one state to another. Sadness was the only one of the group who felt that she wasn't needed as much as the other four since she would end up turning a core memory into a sad one everytime she touched any of them. Joy and Sadness needed to work together in order to figure out how to return back to headquarters. I loved how Joy was capable of convincing Sadness to embrace herself despite her being the complete opposite emotion Joy is. They worked off each other very well. :)

I laughed so much everytime Anger got annoyed with the commercial playing on the screen. :lol:

The scene with Joy and Bing Bong in the Memory Dump was probably the most emotional scene for me, especially when Bing Bong faded away since he was going to be forgotten by Riley forever. At the same time, he sacrafised himself for Joy to reach back up to the surface where Sadness was. :(
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Inside Out

Postby Iberian » June 24th, 2015, 1:57 am

---------------------
Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Tsuki » June 24th, 2015, 11:46 am

I haven't heard much about this film and I'm quite surprised at how little advertisement there has been over here for it (I pop into the Disney Store quite a lot both in Manchester and MK). Think I'll wait for the DVD release tbh. Saving my pennies for the Minion movie :P
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Ninaroja » June 26th, 2015, 9:12 pm

^i don't think it's coming out here in the UK until later in the summer - the ad campaign will probably get more aggressive closer to the time :)

I will definitely be going to see it :)
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Marizzle » June 26th, 2015, 9:57 pm

I saw this movie early today. To be completely honest, I didn't exactly understand it as I watched it - I had to read a few reviews until I finally got it. I understood the concept and the story line but its ending initially confused me. I believe that it reflects on the fact that I have never gone through something that would truly sadden me, therefore, I don't know what true sadness is. :innocent:

Regardless of this, I have loved this movie. It pictures a "heavy subject" in a friendly way, it educates the viewer and, honestly, it leaves you thinking about it. I think that the characters are very likable and, honestly, quite realistic, as they are meant to be, since they are supposed to be our emotions. The world inside of Riley's mind was absolutely stunning and I couldn't stop thinking about how well they had nailed it. I am not only referring to all those "goofy and playful" places, but also the darker ones - such as the Subconscious. This world, together with the story line and the characters, created a very well timed emotional reaction on the viewer - you experience not only happiness, but also sadness, frustration and even fear. Just like Lauren, "now whenever I'm feeling something, that world is what I'll be picturing inside my head". :)

I definitely recommend this movie, not only for the story line, but for how visually stunning it is. It's definitely worth seeing.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby PrincessKiara » September 11th, 2015, 8:26 pm

This movie was released in cinemas in Norway at the end of August, I went on the premiere weekend.. luckily they were showing both the original (English) and dubbed versions!!
I really enjoyed it! I was very excited from the moment I saw the teasers and trailers. I have to say I felt it dragged slightly in certain parts, but the movie as a whole was so good it`s just nitpicking. :P
Inside Out is a smart and entertaining film, I`m so glad I`m an adult so I can fully grasp and understand the concept. If I`d seen this as a kid, I wouldn`t have been able to truly get it. I also liked how Pixar is challenging gender stereotypes, like how Joys hair is so short, and Sadness.. kinda looks like a guy. It`s very refreshing!
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Return to The Den