Zootopia

Re: Zootopia

Postby Ultra Fox » January 21st, 2016, 3:18 am

[quote="GeminiGemelo"]I'm a person who's always been more into Disney's animal movies, generally speaking. (I even liked Chicken Little, but I was 7 or 8 or something, so... forgive me that one).[/quote]
I liked the infamously terrible Tom and Jerry: The Movie (1992) at that age, so don't feel too bad. :lol:
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Gemini » January 21st, 2016, 10:12 am

[quote="Ultra Fox"][quote="GeminiGemelo"]I'm a person who's always been more into Disney's animal movies, generally speaking. (I even liked Chicken Little, but I was 7 or 8 or something, so... forgive me that one).[/quote]
I liked the infamously terrible Tom and Jerry: The Movie (1992) at that age, so don't feel too bad. :lol:[/quote]

Haha, never heard of that one, but I think we all had movies we liked at that time that are god-awful now - you're right. :lol:
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Elton John » January 21st, 2016, 1:16 pm

I remember liking the late 80's animated jetsons movie.

Going back to it was painful. Almost as bad as ferngully in regards to it's lack subtlety in its message.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Squeely » January 23rd, 2016, 8:00 pm

Godzilla's Revenge was my favorite Godzilla movie when I was that age, even though the rest of the ones I owned were better. (For those unfamiliar with Godzilla's Revenge, the Cinema Snob did a video on it that I recommend searching up) We just don't have taste at that age.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Marizzle » February 11th, 2016, 6:12 pm

Like I previously said, I'm really looking forward to this movie. It's getting released here next week, so I'm quite hyped. :D
Does anyone here have any 'bet' on who's the villain in this movie? :P Or has anyone purchased any Zootopia merch?
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Claws » February 22nd, 2016, 6:30 pm

I watched this last night (it premiered early at latin america) and I absolutely loved it, more so because Shakira, who was born here in my country, appears on it and when I heard her voice and the song I was so marvelled hahaha. The characters are super cute, the animation is really good, everything was really good in my opinion, and well, being on the furry side, I must say I may now die in peace after waiting for so long for it to finally be out in theaters here :3 and I must confess I looked like this through the whole movie: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dis ... 0115160250

I highly recommend it!
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Rollo » February 24th, 2016, 6:17 pm

I'm really excited to see it, though I know I'll probably be going alone lol. It's released a month tomorrow in my country. The animation looks incredible and I'm really enjoying the whole vibe of the film humour-wise. I haven't been this excited for a Disney movie in so long. :D
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Timon the great » February 29th, 2016, 3:24 am

[quote="littlelionman"]I watched this last night (it premiered early at latin america) and I absolutely loved it, more so because Shakira, who was born here in my country, appears on it and when I heard her voice and the song I was so marvelled hahaha. The characters are super cute, the animation is really good, everything was really good in my opinion, and well, being on the furry side, I must say I may now die in peace after waiting for so long for it to finally be out in theaters here :3 and I must confess I looked like this through the whole movie: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dis ... wn/640?cb=<a href="tel:20160115160250">20160115160250</a>

I highly recommend it![/quote]

Ah, so it's been released already in other countries. I'm surprised Disney decided to do this with this film before being released here in the USA (March 4) because the voting poll was already showing on the IMDB page for this film in the last week (if I'm correct that's how long it's been already since I saw the poll active on there).

I already knew the film is going to be good. But I really hope Nick and Judy's friendship turns out to be all it can be when I get to see this movie.

[quote="Elton John"]I remember liking the late 80's animated jetsons movie.

Going back to it was painful. Almost as bad as ferngully in regards to it's lack subtlety in its message.[/quote]

I honestly thought Fern Gully 1 wasn't a bad film at all. Maybe it's because it's one of those animated works I grew up watching back in the 90s. So I personally have a good deal of respect for it even now watching it again not too long ago, and because it's also the scariest traditional animated film I've ever seen. But even then, its message wasn't poor or forceful. I know its about the environment. But the film still has meaning and emotion altogether.

Though, I have to really also say that I don't like the Nostalgia critic's / chick's say and criticism on this film (and most of their opinions altogether). To me, it's almost like they didn't even watch the film to begin with.
Last edited by Timon the great on December 14th, 2016, 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Claws » March 1st, 2016, 12:29 am

[quote="Timon the great"]Ah, so it's been released already in other countries. I'm surprised Disney decided to do this with this film before being released here in the USA (March 4) because the voting poll was already showing on the IMDB page for this film in the last week (if I'm correct that's how long it's been already since I saw the poll active on there).

I already knew the film is going to be good. But I really hope Nick and Judy's friendship turns out to be all it can be when I get to see this movie.[/quote]

I was really surprised as well, because first the theater's site said it would be released on March 19th, but then I re-checked about two months later and saw it was going to premiere on February 19 and I was like OMGGGG hahaha went to watch it that weekend.

Well I say it was really good, will even watch it again anytime soon with some other friends :3
Claws
Imitation of Life

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Gemini » March 1st, 2016, 2:41 am

UPDATE: I'm probably going to take my friends out to see this movie on Friday to celebrate my new job and my refund and all that. Kind of a big deal since I haven't seen a movie here since I moved in last September. So... yeah, I'll be sure to update with my thoughts on it and tell you all if it's any good. ^^
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

PreviousNext

Return to The Den