Winnie The Pooh

Winnie The Pooh

Postby PrincessKiara » March 15th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Who doesn`t love Winnie The Pooh? :D Disney has made several full length animated features plus a tv series with these loveable characters. Which are your favourites?
My favourite character of all is Eeyore, he`s just so sad and cuddly.

In the "The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh" film, there is a song called "Heffalumps and Woozles," a bizarre dream sequence similar to the "Pink Elephants On Parade" scene from Dumbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLnADKgurvc - watch the Heffalumps and Woozles song here.

Did anyone else find this particular image quite creepy when they were a kid? I had this film on video (dubbed version) and watched it over and over... the moment when the Heffalump and the Woozle sticks their faces close to the camera never fails to creep me out. I watched the film yesterday for the first time in many years, and yep.. still creeps me out. :P
I had never heard it in English until I looked it up on YouTube just now, and appearently according to the original lyrics, "they`re a terrible sight." Us Norwegians have had to live with the threat of "look, they`re coming this way!" whenever we watched this film and listened to this song. Enough to give you nightmares!

PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Winnie The Pooh

Postby Sigurd » April 23rd, 2015, 11:51 pm

I loved it as a kid. Especially the cartoon series that went on Disney Afternoon, IT brings back some memories. My favorite is Tigger, he is very funny. I don't remember being scared of the Heffalumps, though
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby SimbaPrescott » April 24th, 2015, 1:09 am

I remember that song. Vaguely! I don't think I was creeped out by it, though. I think Watership Down was the only thing that creeped me out (but I still loved it anyway) :P

I think my favourite is probably Eeyore, though as a kid, Tigger would have been it. I loved him when I was younger!
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Adofo » May 13th, 2015, 4:26 am

I still watch Winnie the Pooh every now and then(if it just comes on). It was my favorite show as a kid! So many memories! .......I was heart broken whenever one of my VHS tapes broke.
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby Buffy » May 13th, 2015, 4:32 am

I really want to watch more Winnie the Pooh because I loved it as a kid, but at the same time I can barely remember it now. Lol.
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Adofo » May 13th, 2015, 4:34 am

I LOVED the movie where they go and search for Christopher Robin!
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Return to The Den