YouTube Adds 360 degree viewing to videos

YouTube Adds 360 degree viewing to videos

Postby FlipMode » March 14th, 2015, 4:12 pm

The future is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClAuhgFQpLo

Works in Chrome, either use the arrows in the left of the video or use WASD to look around.
Also if you're on an Android phone, update the YouTube app and you can simply move your phone around to look around.

Interesting stuff, will be interesting to see how content creators might utilise this.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: YouTube Adds 360 degree viewing to videos

Postby Iberian » March 14th, 2015, 10:54 pm

-------------------------
Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Re: YouTube Adds 360 degree viewing to videos

Postby FlipMode » March 15th, 2015, 12:36 am

I've actually messed around with Google glass a bit, there was one for sale in CeX and I had to try it. Its an interesting concept but really I feel they are lacking a lot of features to make them anything more than a gimmick to most at this point. But yeah its an interesting time in technology that's for sure. Since smartphones are pretty much a standard now almost, people are looking for that next shift in technology to come along I think.

Like Steve Jobs said, people don't know what they want until you show them.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Return to The Den