Downton Abbey

Downton Abbey

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 11th, 2014, 12:27 am

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN SOMEONE SAY THEY WATCH IT *hyperventilates*

If they do, then I'd like to have full on discussions about it in this thread.

For those who don't know, Downton Abbey's summary is this:

Lord Grantham sees his family heritage, especially the grand country home Downton Abbey, as his mission in life. The death of his heir aboard the Titanic means distant cousin Matthew Crawley, a Manchester lawyer, suddenly is next in line and accepts moving onto the vast estate with his even more modernist, socially engaged mother, who clashes with his lordship's domineering, conservative mother, the dowager countess. Marrying off the daughters is another concern. Meanwhile, the butler presides over a staff which serves the family, but also lead most of their entire lives in the servants' quarters, intriguing amongst themselves.

Obviously things have changed and characters have come and gone. The fifth series of this amazing show is coming up soon, and I haven't seen Series 4 yet (I know what happens, it has been spoiled for me lol) but I'd have seen it by the end of this summer.

Concerning Series 5:
mm matthew you sexy thing
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Re: Downton Abbey

Postby MooLion » August 12th, 2014, 5:46 pm

I do watch it. It's a nice Sunday evening programme :), though I do have to admit, I feel it's been a little bit overrated. Series 5 already... I'd be very curious to watch the original series again and really see how the popularity affected the later outputs.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 13th, 2014, 8:26 am

It probably has become a little overrated. I know there are other amazing shows out there, but I think this one has everything I love in a good show. It's watched by millions across the world so I can admit that it probably has had an affect on the show. I'm going to buy the script book soon and I'm going to see how much the writing has changed, I bet I'll find differences aha.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Si-Amber » September 17th, 2014, 11:09 pm

It's back on Sunday!
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby PrincessKiara » October 27th, 2014, 6:51 pm

I started watching it this summer when I was visiting my sister. I binge watched the first 4 series, but have not started watching the newest one yet, as I`m concentrating on a few other shows at the moment.
It`s a very nice series, real quality and I love periodic dramas like this.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Return to The Den