Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Postby ScarHades » July 9th, 2014, 10:59 am

I see that there's been no discussion on this film and I am talking of the Disney version. This was 1 of my first Disney Movies I saw when I was a kid and I think my parents educated me with it as they knew of my liking of The Animals Of Farthing Wood. I still consider it 1 of my best, even though I hate that mean Prince John.

My top 3 favourite characters:

1 Alligator at the archery tournament
2 The cockerel with the guitar
3 The Rhinos

Of the bullies, the Sheriff would be my favourite.

Favourite scene: The archery tournament with everyone firing their shots and everyone cheering for Robin Hood's arrow winning and the alligator whispering in the rhino's ear, not the scenes of the mean Prince John and Sir Hiss.

My top 5 favourite quotes:

1 Robin Hood - "We've got to Johnny or Friar Tuck dies at dawn."
2 Little John - "Just marry the girl."
3 Sheriff - "Listen Friar, you're mighty preachy, and you're gonna preach your neck right into a hangman's noose."
4 Skippy - "Mama says he'll chop off my head."
5 Sheriff - "But, but, er, sire, it's a big hit. Er, the whole village is singin' it.

And though he is my most hated character in the film, my top 5 favourite quotes by Prince John are:

1 "Rhinos, Halt! Stop! Desist!"
2 "Oh no. It's so miserably unfair."
3 "Did you say Friar Tuck?"
4 "My men will be ready. Aha!"
5 "Uh, uh, uh, don't, don't overdo it Hiss. There, that I believe does it."

Though, I'm not too keen on Love, I'd say it would be my favourite song in the film.

My least favourite scenes and quotes in the film are most of when Prince John is angry and he is certainly my most hated character in the film. I wish he could fight Captain Hook, Gaston, Jafar, Scar, Frollo, Hades, Shan-Yu and Clayton and kill them as seen at 18:27 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rdCyXh2W3E with him on his back and biting them to their deaths. I also wish he could fight Governor Ratcliffe and injure him, but not kill him as Governor Ratcliffe is 1 of few Disney Villains who I do like. Notice that he and Prince John are both called John?

I've read that Prince John was supposed to be a tiger and if he was, I would want him to fight the other Disney male villains who are not listed, but as he's a lion, I want him to fight the villains as listed above. If they'd made this film with people, then I think he would still be my most hated character whatever his appearance as a human. I wish I could get Peter Ustinov and all the voice actors of the villains above together so as to create a Prince John fighting the villains as above scene. When Prince John speaks, I say all the villains's names as mentioned above in an angry voice when he is angry and in the way he speaks when he isn't angry.
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Re: Robin Hood

Postby PrincessKiara » October 27th, 2014, 6:58 pm

I didn`t see Disneys Robin Hood until I was in my early/mid twenties, and I didn`t really care for it, though it`s hard to give a proper explanation why I didn`t enjoy it.
I grew up with Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, lol.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Return to The Den