Most impactful and/or emotional media moments

Most impactful and/or emotional media moments

Postby Arani » July 7th, 2014, 6:42 am

I don't think that this has been done yet haha.

What are some of your favorite movie/TV moments that really impacted you, as a child or as an adult? Moments that changed your view of something, or made you realize something, or just made you extremely emotional.

One movie moment that really hit me right in the heart was the opening scene of Pirates of the Caribbean 3. The hanging of the pirates and the song they sing in that moment to light the fire of all other pirates just gave me a chill and made me really emotional, and is still one of my favorite movie moments of all time.

Here's the scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDmOActAPxM
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Re: Most impactful and/or emotional media moments

Postby FlipMode » July 7th, 2014, 10:16 am

V For Vendetta.The dominoes scene.
I won't link to it because language and moderate violence but I just think it's one of the coolest scenes in the film and thus one of the best scenes ever.

Aladdin frees the genie : perfect example of why I love the film so much, at times a decent plot, humorous and down right heart warming all at once.

Aaaannnd I'll go with How To Train Your Dragon's Forbidden Friendship scene. Not only is the score and animation here some of the best I think I've ever seen but the way he gets closer to Toothless and then at the end when Toothless nudges his face forward the rest of the way is beautifully done.
If you still haven't seen this film, slap yourself, turn off your computer, go get the film, get some popcorn and some Dr pepper and watch it right now.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TomCat » July 7th, 2014, 10:51 am

Last edited by TomCat on October 10th, 2016, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Lauren » July 8th, 2014, 2:00 am

As much as I love TLK, I want to put moments from different media first since I know how much of an impact TLK has made on my life already.

Toy Story 2

Jessie's Backstory

Everything within these few minutes that montage her life with her previous owner make me relatable to her character since I've made close friendships during my childhood and I've felt that I pretty much lost them as I got older. Makes me cry everytime when she states, "You never forget kids like Emily or Andy…but they forget you." :(

A Bug's Life

Flik's Speech to Hopper

As far as I go, this is my 2nd favorite Pixar film to date, with Finding Nemo as my first. This film is very underrated in my opinion and there are things that I really appreciate about this film that not a lot of people talk about. This is probably the first and if not, only, Disney/Pixar film to tackle the theme of Oppression. This type of issue has occurred throughout world history and we all have to think about how our society should function. This is also probably the darkest of the Pixar films. Other scenes that support that is Hopper crushing those few grasshoppers at the bar earlier in the clip, Hopper getting ready to crush Flik to death, abducting Flik during the rainstorm, and Hopper's Death.

Lord of the Rings

Sam's Speech

I simply cannot express how much I LOVE Lord of the Rings with all my heart. This trilogy is absolutely incredible and so many things about the books/films make me love Tolkien's work more and more. Besides Aragorn, Sam is one of my favorite characters from LOTR and his friendship with Frodo is one my favorite things about the trilogy. Their friendship is so powerful and the journeys that the characters go on make me invested in them so much. His speech at the end of The Two Towers is amazing and I love it everytime.

The Agni Kai: Zuko and Katara vs. Azula

I absolutely love ATLA so much because it has an awesome story with brilliant characters, fantastic action, philosophy, and writing. Azula's mental breakdown is tragic to watch due to what happens to her after Mai and Ty Lee betray her. Like Lord of the Rings, there are too many great moments for me to pick, but this is one of them.

Harry Potter

Snape's Backstory

Out of all the characters from the series, Severus Snape is my favorite due to his complexity and character representation. You might look at me with a weird look as to how he's my favorite since my type of personality is not like his at all, but like Snape, I also cannot stand arrogant people and have difficulty getting along with people since I'm not the best at socialization. His backstory made me cry for a while after reading the book as well as watching it in the last film. :(
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ninaroja » July 8th, 2014, 2:15 am

**SPOILERS AHEAD**

My hands-down favourite movie moment of all time is from The Shawshank Redemption, when Andy emerges from the Sewage pipe and realises he is finally free, and he can do nothing but stand there in the middle of the rain storm. It's such a powerful moment and I can't help but feel my heart soar everytime I see it :cheese:
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Return to The Den