Simba The King Lion?

Simba The King Lion?

Postby Tora » May 16th, 2014, 5:31 am

As I was strolling across the internet I happen to come across this. :/

http://www.mondotv.it/kingLionSimba_characters.php

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2374051/

What on earth am I seeing. Has anyone seen this movie or why it seems like it would be a total rip off of The Lion King? I mean come on really they used the character name Simba for a lion character? Gee I wonder where that one came from. :roll: Not to mention, "Oh his father dies, and well you know.." Seriously?! Maybe I am over reacting, but I smell a cheap rip off from Italy. :x
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Re: Simba The King Lion?

Postby Ninaroja » May 18th, 2014, 12:00 am

I've seen it around before - mostly Hindi versions of the episodes on youtube :?

I suppose they could argue that technically Disney doesn't own the rights to the name "Simba" seeing as it is swahilli for lion but it isn't uncommon for small animation companies to make cheap knock-offs of big animated movies to ride the coat-tails of their success and to dupe unknowing parents into buying the videos/DVDs for their children, many examples of which can be seen here
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Sigurd » May 21st, 2014, 8:13 pm

I saw a little when I was about 7, and I liked it for what I remember.
When I watch it now it just seems kinda weird.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Regulus » May 21st, 2014, 8:23 pm

I'm not sure what I think of this. A parody like this should be laughably terrible, but it's so terrible it's hardly laughable.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby TheLionPrince » May 22nd, 2014, 10:36 pm

Yeah, I have known about this before, but thanks for bringing this back into my attention. Outside of the similarities to The Lion King, it is also takes story elements from Jungle Emperor Leo with the animals and humans being enemies, and takes the characters' name from The Jungle Book. It is also similar to Bambi (which Jungle Emperor Leo and TLK were inspired from) with Bimbo being the Prince of the Forest.

Looking at the contact information on the first website, Mondo TV is the same Italian animation production studio that made that horrible movie, The Legend of the Titanic. And it doesn't end there, they also produced a sequel television series, Simba Jr. Goes to N.Y. and the World Cup.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Gemini » June 20th, 2014, 10:51 am

You know, I've seen this around, but never watched it until now. I dunno. Aside from the fact that the intro makes me feel like I'm on drugs, it wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the fact that they're obviously, obviously ripping off TLK... and Jungle Book... and Bambi... and whatever else... x___x *sigh*

[quote="NinaRoja"]I've seen it around before - mostly Hindi versions of the episodes on youtube :?

I suppose they could argue that technically Disney doesn't own the rights to the name "Simba" seeing as it is swahilli for lion but it isn't uncommon for small animation companies to make cheap knock-offs of big animated movies to ride the coat-tails of their success and to dupe unknowing parents into buying the videos/DVDs for their children, many examples of which can be seen here[/quote]

Yeah. I saw a list like that once somewhere else. Some of these, like "Wings", I've actually seen on sale. They're really cheap knockoffs, with emphasis on cheap (except maybe 32 and the last one, since they came out beforehand and then they just changed the names... but still, though, why even change the name if you're not obviously trying to pull something here?? Honestly).

This is kind of my reaction to all these, just sayin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H91rPIq2mN4 XDDDD :lol:
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Return to The Den