Aladdin

Aladdin

Postby ScarHades » May 5th, 2014, 10:48 am

I'd seen this film almost every week since getting the video of it for my birthday until I began secondary school when I then started to not class it as 1 of my best Disney Movies.

Favourite character: Genie
Favourite quote: "All right you baaaaad boy." by the Genie and "Why not?" by Aladdin shortly after above quote
Favourite scene: The ending when Aladdin apologises to Jasmine for lying about being a prince and when he wishes the Genie free
Favourite song: Friend Like Me

I took an immediate dislike to Jafar since my childhood days and still do to this day wishing he could fight Prince John, Gaston, Scar, Governor Ratcliffe, Frollo and Shan-Yu. So that puts him as my worst character.
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Re: Aladdin

Postby TheLionPrince » May 6th, 2014, 5:35 pm

Ahh, I love Aladdin, and I remember first watching on Valentine's Day in 2004. As a movie, it's a tad weaker than Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King due to the over-reliance of humor on 1990s pop culture references that may not be so relevant in the near future. But, anyway, I do hope I can visit New York City in the future, and see the new Broadway musical.

Favorite character: Aladdin
Favorite quote: "Do not be fooled by its commonplace appearance. Like so many things, it is not what outside, but what is inside that counts."
Favorite scene: The "Whole New World" sequence
Favorite song: "A Whole New World"
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Carl » May 6th, 2014, 5:42 pm

Aladdin was always one of my favourite Disney films, up there with TLK, Pocahontas, and Mulan. I love it because Aladdin is a character I can very easily relate to, being poor and all that. I love the music and the story, as well as the characters and the beautiful animation. Jafar and Iago made a wonderful villain duo in my mind, and the setting has always fascinated me. I can also relate to Jasmine, though not as much as to Aladdin. All in all it's simply a wonderful movie to me and I really love it.

I'm not going to do the "favourite scene/quote/character/song" thing because I'm very indecisive and it's actually been a little while since I watched the film. My favourite parts may have changed.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby MooLion » May 6th, 2014, 7:02 pm

Like Julie, I'll have to pass on the questions for now, though I do like Aladdin's quote "you two-faced son of a jackal!" He's pretty amusing, that Aladdin. :-P

Anyway, Aladdin is one of my favourite Disney films - such great fun, great story, songs and all that. It really takes me back to the early '90s when I watch it, helped somewhat with the pop culture references that already I'm not so familiar with (partly as some were more American-y), but I suppose there are the positive and negatives to that. So it has a bittersweet quality to it, but regardless, it's generally a great film! :D
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 27th, 2014, 2:54 am

Fav. Character: Iago
Fav. Quotes: Iago- With all due respect, your rottenness, couldn't we just wait for a real storm?
Jafar: How many times do I have to kill you, boy?
Fav. Scene: When Iago gives Jafar the idea of marrying Jasmine.
Fav. Song: Prince Ali (reprise)
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Return to The Den