Hercules

Hercules

Postby ScarHades » April 1st, 2014, 2:07 pm

I remember seeing this movie in the cinema when it came out and remember the monster giving a burp and Herc slicing its head off and I forgot all about it until it came on DisneyCinemagic in about 2009 I think and after seeing it several times, I would rate it 6/10.

Favourite character: Don't know. Possibly the tornado Titan, but I'm not sure.
Least favourite character: Hades for definite.
Favourite quote: "At least I beat him, didn't I?" by Hercules
Favourite song: Zero To Hero
Favourite scene: Hercules fighting the river guardian.

Tell me, did Hades die and if the answer is no, then what happens to him for the remainder of the film?
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Re: Hercules

Postby MooLion » April 1st, 2014, 3:35 pm

I can't actually remember what happened to Hades. o_0 Oh yeah... he falls into the sea of the spirits of the dead in the Underworld. I'd imagine he probably got out of that and continued just living in the Underworld, possibly or not biding his time again?

Anyway, I do like this film a lot, actually. It feels rather underappreciated which is a shame as I feel it's well-rounded with a good, fun script. :)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby TheLionPrince » April 3rd, 2014, 10:38 pm

No, Hades is not dead. It was explained at the beginning that a god cannot be killed because they are immortal. Hades was punched into the River of Death by Hercules, and was flushed down by the spirits of the dead. Fast-forward after the end credits are over, Hades monologues about not being listened to feeling he is in hyperspace.

I basically placed my review on my Member Q&A thread, though I take back what I said about the music because it grew on me since I wrote this:

[quote="TheLionPrince"]I thought the animation style inspired by Gerald Scarfe was unique and set itself quite independent from other Disney movies. The storyline was a so-so reworking of the much darker Heraclean mythology story, but still epic in tone. I quite liked the characters, though Meg sticks out to me more because she's not the usual damsel-in-distress, and I loved her sarcastic attitude. Hades was a great break away from the usual Disney villains, and James Woods stole the show, if you ask me. Alan Menken does no wrong with the songs in this movies, and "Go the Distance" is one of my all-time favorites, though I wished they kind of wished Greek music instead of gospel, but it's Menken. On a final note, I didn't like the abundant pop culture references, and I think it will age the film negatively in a few decades.[/quote]

Anyway, I look forward to purchasing the movie on Blu-Ray this summer, and hope there's some interesting bonus features.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby MooLion » April 4th, 2014, 11:40 am

^ So if there's a blu-ray coming out hopefully also a decent DVD coming. Jolly good...

Oh yeah, I forgot to say I liked the fact they used Gerald Scarfe for character designs :) - that was cool, although the animators were still a bit afraid of the more spiky style.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby FlipMode » April 4th, 2014, 11:54 am

It's probably my third favorite Disney movie, I remember seeing it in the cinema because I remember being scared of the hydra (I was a wussy kid who cried a lot, leave me alone).
Animation, Michael Bolton, James Woods, sexy dancers singing the introduction story, decent overall score and an overall theme of never giving in to anything less than what your heart is telling you... This film is fantastic. And the first film to have a genuinely good video game tie in that I can remember, fighting the hydra on the PS1 back in the day blew my young mind.
Pretty sure Meg may have been my first love, she was up there with Kimberly from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers that's for sure.

And Hades didn't "die" they even said "He's not going to be happy when he gets out of there." they just left him trapped in there but he wouldn't have died, he is a good god remember and therefore immortal, in the film I mean.

And I could have sworn this was already out on Blu Ray?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Return to The Den