Dumbo

Dumbo

Postby ScarHades » February 12th, 2014, 11:03 am

I used to watch this when I was a kid and I always hated those [censored] elephants mostly the 1 who called him assassin. My favourite song in the movie is Pink Elephants On Parade and my favourite character would be the crow that said he'd seen a horse fly. Does this mean that he knows of Pegasus in Hercules? I wish Dumbo could fight that monster that grew 3 heads each time Hercules sliced 1 off and I'd like to see Dumbo and Hercules race each other and see who's the fastest. My favourite scene would be Dumbo and the mouse drinking the water and hiccupping and my favourite quote would be the mouse screaming "Hurry! Open them up!" at the end. I've always never liked everyone picking on Dumbo them being the other elephants, the boys and the crows.
Last edited by ScarHades on May 9th, 2015, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Re: Dumbo

Postby MooLion » February 12th, 2014, 2:13 pm

The treatment the other characters, the elephants and humans, gave Dumbo was very saddening. Typical bullying that is ever present to one who is a little different and can't really help it.

'Baby Of Mine' might be Disney's saddest song, as Dumbo's locked away mother can only get her trunk around Dumbo to show her love for the son she has not been able to see for some time. Saddens me just thinking and typing about it! :(

On a happier note, Dumbo the elephant is very sweet and the 'Pink Elephants On Parade' sequence is great - so interesting, so strange! I like it when animated films brave unsettling scenes more, although that sequence did scare me when I was younger!

It's not my favourite Disney film, yet I acknowledge it as a special little 'classic' as the earlier Disney films were all special.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Re: Dumbo

Postby Lauren » February 15th, 2014, 3:14 am

To be totally honest, I appreciate Dumbo for what it does, but I do not like the film. I actually got pretty bored watching it and the story never caught on with me, with the exception of "Baby of Mine", which did make my cry because it's so emotional. </3

I don't understand why everybody claims that the "Pink Elephants" scene is considered scary. I don't see it myself. Dumbo gets drunk. So what? :/
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to The Den