The Animals Of Farthing Wood

The Animals Of Farthing Wood

Postby ScarHades » February 12th, 2014, 10:44 am

This was one of my all time favourite shows when I was a kid. I remember talking about the show to my friends in Primary School and if I missed an episode of it, I would ask them what happened in it, likewise if they missed an episode, they'd ask me and I'd tell them.

I was looking for the show on Google in September 2003 and there was a message board of the show and 1 question on it was "Where can I buy the old videos?" and a person replied "On Ebay." and gave a link of the videos that person had won, so I had a look on Ebay for the videos and had to wait til my 18th birthday as you have to be 18 and over to do online shopping and the maximum age for school is 18 years, 4 and a half months.

When my 18th birthday came, I registered on Ebay and at first, I had to ask other Ebay users in the forum on what to do and they explained and I was soon getting the principal. It takes time to learn you know. Anyway, I have every single video of The Animals Of Farthing Wood now and I am happy. It took me a year and a half to get them all as I always got outbid on them and so, I had to enter high amounts to win. My top 10 favourite characters are:

1 Badger
2 Weasel
3 Squirrels (Farthing Wood ones)
4 Mrs Rabbit
5 Trey the bad tempered stag
6 Ranger, Scarface the blue fox's cub
7 Vixen
8 Voles
9 Fieldmice
10 Mole

My least favourites are everybody who Owl and Weasel meet in Series 3 when they are outside White Deer Park.

My Top 5 Saddest moments:

1 Mr Pheasant sobbing when he sees the farmer's dinner
2 Fox howling beside Dreamer's dead body
3 Mole's mate tells Vixen that Mole died
4 Badger dieing peacefully in his set
5 Fox stepping down as leader at the end

My Most angriest scene:

Anything with Scarface the blue fox and Bully and his rats. Also Trey butting Shadow the female badger into the pond

My favourite quotes:

Quite a lot, but here are some of my favourites and the brackets tell you what part they can be seen and heard on the clips on YouTube here http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... thing+wood:

1 Mrs Rabbit - Well, I'm very sorry for what happened I'm sure, but we can all panic you know Hare. Even you, you're not perfect, although you seem to think so. (AOFW Season 1 Part 10)

2 Badger - He'll make his way back to us if he can, Moley. Meanwhile, we'll have to make the best of it. If only I knew what to do. (AOFW Season 1 Part 11)

3 Mrs Rabbit - Don't Panic! My husband is being buried. Don't you dare say a word (AOFW Season 1 Part 14)

4 Vixen - You're not going to find out by terrifying her (AOFW Season 2 Part 8)

5 Trey - If I hear you again, once ever, I shall stamp on you. I don't like Weasels. I don't like the noise they make (Series 3, episode 1)

My favourite episode is Blood Is Thicker Than Water because I liked the fight between Fox and Scarface. I wish Fireman Sam in the John Alderton Series could see them fight and join in with them too.

The show brought back a lot of memories after seeing them for the first time since Primary School and having seen the videos dozens of times since they came through the letterbox after winning them on Ebay, I am familiar with all of Series 1 and will not be beaten on it meaning I know every single scene and quote. I may know some of Series 2, but perhaps not everything in that Series and I know very little of Series 3 as I didn't like that Series. But overall, I am happy with the show
Last edited by ScarHades on June 8th, 2015, 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Re: The Animals Of Farthing Wood

Postby Kal » February 13th, 2014, 2:59 am

Woop! Animals of Farthing Wood is my fave TV-type show of all time..... many happy memories watching it in my childhood. Such a well-creafted, clever, grown-up, dramatic, emotional programme to say it was directed at children.

I own the videos tooooo.. My favourite characters were Ranger, Fox and Bold... because I AM FOX. I agree with your praise, and I think that everybody on here should watch the series themselves... butttt... that's not gonna happen. :P

So what was your name on the forum? Hehe. If it's the forum I'm thinking of, then a few of us on here are/were members ourselves! :P
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Postby MooLion » February 13th, 2014, 2:30 pm

^ I have my suspicions as to who it is!

Yes, indeed this is a great cartoon series - the best, in fact! :D

I am sorry to say I am getting rid of my videos :( ..........

But only because I have the (German) DVDs! So all is well. ;)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby FlipMode » February 13th, 2014, 2:57 pm

[quote]2 Fox howling beside Dreamer's dead body
3 Mole's mate tells Vixen that Mole died
4 Badger dieing peacefully in his set [/quote]

Jesus Roadkill! Does anyone stay alive?
And no not really, to put it simply, Farthing Wood was just a couple of years before my time. I was too young to really appreciate it. I mean I grew up with Power Rangers and stuff, I wasn't really into "cartoons" as a kid, live action / animation was starting to phase in and overtake stuff like that when I was growing up. I did watch the first episode not that long ago though because I met some MLK members IRL who mentined it, it's actually not that bad, I can see how it's one of "those" things that has a fan base but without having grown up with it... yeahhh it's not for me, the nostalgia factor you guys have for it is probably a part of that.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Kal » February 13th, 2014, 3:57 pm

The bloooody AWESOME factor outweighs the nostalgia factor Flip. Hehe. And yes everyone dies in it. Twice.
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Postby FlipMode » February 13th, 2014, 7:01 pm

[quote="Kal"]And yes everyone dies in it. Twice.[/quote]

OMG SPOILZRZZZZ!
Yeah I mentioned in the previous post I made that I watched the first episode and it was like... I was enjoying it like "Awww the frogs are talking" and then a tree fell down and killed them and. Well my thoughts on the first episode can be summed up with this I think:

Maybe I just need to watch a bit more of it then :) I'll give it another try at some point.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Si-Amber » February 13th, 2014, 8:30 pm

I know who ScarHades is! :D

And yes Farthing Wood. 3rd most awesome series ever made after Game of Thrones and The Sopranos.
Si-Amber

Pride Points: 74

Postby Tsuki » February 13th, 2014, 11:30 pm

The Animals of Farthing Wood is awesome! Not only is it my favourite childhood show but through it have I have made the most amazing group of friends and met my Boyfriend. And you don't like SCAAAAAAAARface? :gasp:.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby MooLion » February 14th, 2014, 2:25 pm

[quote="Kal"]The bloooody AWESOME factor outweighs the nostalgia factor Flip.[/quote]

AYE! It's definitely not just a nostalgia thing because watching it now it's still great!

I should also say the same as Tsuki, thanks to the show I've also got to know and met some cool people, including my bf. :)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Return to The Den