Budgie The Little Helicopter

Budgie The Little Helicopter

Postby ScarHades » February 10th, 2014, 12:08 pm

This was a show I loved when I was in Primary School and I had forgotten all about it when I was in high school until late July 2006 when I was visiting the Toonhound website and saw the title on the homepage, I clicked the title and when the page came up, I suddenly remembered it from my Primary School days. I remember talking about this show to my friends in Primary and whenever they missed a story, they'd ask me and I'd tell them and likewise if I missed a story, I'd ask them and they'd tell me.

I don't know what got me into the show exactly. My dad worked in the army during my Primary School days and I did have an interest in helicopters and planes and I think my parents entertained me with this show. They picked me up from school every day and I remember watching it on CITV after getting home from Primary and I loved the show. I sometimes missed an episode as sometimes we had shopping to do or we had to go for our haircuts and dentist appointments and sometimes during my Primary and Secondary days, I saw 1 of those kids ride thingys of Budgie where the kid sits inside, puts the money in and the machine swivels and plays the theme tune and the kid can press buttons inside as well, but I seemed to have forgotten about Budgie the next day.

Anyway, after reading the Toonhound page of the show, I decided to buy a video of it on Ebay before I forget again and I placed a bid for 1 and was the only 1 to bid for it, so I won it and I loved the theme tune and show so much that I decided to get the whole show. And I managed to get the last video of it here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1 in mid December 2006 and now I have all the videos with all 39 episodes of the show and I am happy and still have them to this day.

I find Lionel annoying as I'm sure anyone in charge can be annoying, but I don't hate Lionel. I prefer him with Pippa, then Budgie, then Chuck and I think Lionel resembles Badger from The Animals Of Farthing Wood because of his stern voice.

I find Chuck annoying as well as he's always calling Lionel 'Captain' and Lionel gets very annoyed. In the episode Ice Work, Budgie, Chuck says "Shoulda let me go Cap'ain." then we see Lionel's face and he furiously says "And for the fourteenth time today, it is not Captain." That part really made me angry. I don't like it when he and Lionel interact whether he calls Lionel 'Captain' or not. I wonder if they were named after Lionel Richie and Chuck Berry the 2 famous pop singers. But I don't hate Chuck. I prefer him with Pippa, then Budgie, then Lionel. Chuck often calls Budgie and Pippa "Kid" or "Kiddo", but I don't mind as Pippa and Budgie don't mind.

I don't know how I find Pippa - well, I like her if she is laughing and I like it when she and Lionel interact with each other and when she and Chuck interact with each other, but I don't like it when she gets annoyed with Budgie, but I don't know how I find her overall. I prefer her with Chuck, then Lionel, then Budgie.

I love Budgie no matter how he feels whether he's happy, laughing, smiling, sad, angry, anxious, worried, miserable, frightened, scared, shocked or anything, I love him. There are a couple of his faces I don't like such as at the very end of All At Sea (Series 1, episode 7) to name 1 example, but I love his voice. He is my favourite character. Did you know that he carries a white teddy bear with him? He calls his white teddy bear Snowy and I suppose you can see why as snow is white and Snowy is white. I prefer him with Chuck, then Lionel, then Pippa. Budgie hates lobsters and fish, but he hates going through the heliwash more than anything else because he hates the soap.

My top 4 favourite characters are:

1 Budgie
2 Olivia
3 Wally
4 Fergus the cat

And my top 6 least favourite characters are:

1 Smokey the Fire Engine
2 Dell
3 Buddy (only seen in Chuck's Buddy)
4 the 2 burglars in Who's A Clever Budgie
5 Jean the Concorde
6 Sir Montague (only seen in Plane Silly)

My favourite episode out of all 39 episodes would be Budgie Barges In where Budgie, Pippa and Chuck go to Paris and Budgie runs out of fuel and lands on a moving barge and Chuck despite feeling tired saves him from a low bridge just in time. I don't find Lionel annoying in that episode and I don't find Chuck annoying in the episode either. He and Lionel don't interact with each other in that episode, so I choose this episode as my favourite.

My least favourite episode would go to a Series 3 episode, but I'm not sure which one.

My Favourite Series: Series 1

My Favourite quote: In the episode The Air Show (Series 1 episode 6), Budgie lands behind a hay stack to rest and says "Oooh. I'm going to have 40 winks." I love that quote.

Anyone remember this show? All 39 episodes are up on YouTube but it's not me who's put them on as I don't know how to do so.
Last edited by ScarHades on October 20th, 2017, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Re: Budgie The Little Helicopter

Postby MooLion » February 10th, 2014, 2:46 pm

I remember the show and did watch it. I don't remember much more to recall particular characters and episodes, though. It had something to do with Fergie (the Duchess of York), didn't it?
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Kal » February 13th, 2014, 3:00 am

I watched this but my memory is sketchy... strange because I'm pretty sure I loved it. I remember the theme tune anyway! I need to reacquaint with these old programmes, definitely. Thanks for reminding me!
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Postby MooLion » February 13th, 2014, 2:23 pm

I can remember the tune, too! Don't know the lyrics after 'Budgie the little helicopter' mind...
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Kal » February 13th, 2014, 3:55 pm

^ I think it was various aircraft-type noises.. :P
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Return to The Den