What are THE WORST films you've ever watched?

Re: What are THE WORST films you've ever watched?

Postby Lauren » January 13th, 2014, 1:20 am

[quote="NalaKiaraLuver"]The Last Airbender - I saw the TV show of it in '08 and fell in love with it. I saw previews for the movie later that year and thought it might be really good. I can't even explain how disappointed with it I was. The only main protagonist's name that they got right was Katara, their voices were weird, and tehy cut out many of the best parts! :([/quote]

Exactly! I understand that book-to-film adaptations take a lot more time because you're reading the book and while you are picturing the story in your head, you are not actually seeing the real thing visually on the screen. Many adaptations like this have been successful when done correctly with care. I don't understand how MNS (I can't spell the director's name but look up the movie if you want to see his real name) could drastically mess this different type of adaptation. Obviously, the Fire Nation is heavily leaned towards Chinese culture and they actually look Chinese. Why in the film are they Indian? Was he blind when he looked at the Fire Nation? :pout2: I'm not trying to be rude here, but just think about it. The cartoon is right there! Right on the screen for you to actually watch, not imagine in the head like a book! Plus, the Fire Lord in the movie doesn't come close to threatening compared to how mysterious and dark he is as a silhouette during the first season of the show. :roll:

Why was the prison for Earth benders on ground when in the show, they were supposed to be on a metal ship since there is no natural earth element that they could use to fight the FN? I have no idea. :roll:

MNS said that the pronunciation of the characters names was changed due to "wanting the names be said by the actual Asian pronunciations." Okay, understand your source material. Listen carefully, and stick with the original pronunciations. I don't care if the change was for "Asian pronunciations." You are adapting it on screen. You have to stick with it as faithfully as possible. I know changes are made in adaptations because what works well in a book/show doesn't always work for a film, but make changes that actually make sense (i.e. the Earth benders' prison). >.>
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Arani » January 13th, 2014, 1:53 am

[quote="SimbaObsesser"][quote="NalaKiaraLuver"]The Last Airbender - I saw the TV show of it in '08 and fell in love with it. I saw previews for the movie later that year and thought it might be really good. I can't even explain how disappointed with it I was. The only main protagonist's name that they got right was Katara, their voices were weird, and tehy cut out many of the best parts! :([/quote]

Exactly! I understand that book-to-film adaptations take a lot more time because you're reading the book and while you are picturing the story in your head, you are not actually seeing the real thing visually on the screen. Many adaptations like this have been successful when done correctly with care. I don't understand how MNS (I can't spell the director's name but look up the movie if you want to see his real name) could drastically mess this different type of adaptation. Obviously, the Fire Nation is heavily leaned towards Chinese culture and they actually look Chinese. Why in the film are they Indian? Was he blind when he looked at the Fire Nation? :pout2: I'm not trying to be rude here, but just think about it. The cartoon is right there! Right on the screen for you to actually watch, not imagine in the head like a book! Plus, the Fire Lord in the movie doesn't come close to threatening compared to how mysterious and dark he is as a silhouette during the first season of the show. :roll:

Why was the prison for Earth benders on ground when in the show, they were supposed to be on a metal ship since there is no natural earth element that they could use to fight the FN? I have no idea. :roll:

MNS said that the pronunciation of the characters names was changed due to "wanting the names be said by the actual Asian pronunciations." Okay, understand your source material. Listen carefully, and stick with the original pronunciations. I don't care if the change was for "Asian pronunciations." You are adapting it on screen. You have to stick with it as faithfully as possible. I know changes are made in adaptations because what works well in a book/show doesn't always work for a film, but make changes that actually make sense (i.e. the Earth benders' prison). >.>[/quote]

This. All of this. I was so disappointed with this movie.
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Biomac » February 20th, 2014, 5:21 pm

Twilight.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby ASHLEY12354 » February 26th, 2014, 3:10 am

Son Of The Mask :x why must it exist! :x
ASHLEY12354

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): ASHMAN
Pride Points: 5

Previous

Return to The Den