Anime Talk

Anime Talk

Postby Tanabi » July 19th, 2009, 8:53 pm

Post what anime you're watching, your top (insert number here) list, and a review of an anime you feel deserves one.
The past is a gaping hole. You try to run from it, but the more you run, the deeper it grows behind you, its edges yawning at your heels. Your only chance is to turn around and face it. But it's like looking down into the grave of your love, or kissing the mouth of a gun, a bullet trembling in its dark nest, ready to blow your head off.
Tanabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Remember who you are.

Pride Points: 0

Re: Anime Talk

Postby Misiziri » September 28th, 2011, 1:28 am

Well, Tanabi hasn't been here in forever so Imma just break the rules a little and state opinions on anime instead of review it...

I really dislike true Japanese anime shows. However, I LOVE anime movies from what I've seen. They're creative, unique, acted out well, everything about them is great. However, I prefer 'americanime' show, AKA shows made in America with the anime style. It's like anime stripped of all the things I can't stand about it, and the animation is a hybrid between anime styles and American/European styles :) Totally Spies is a great example.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby Ultra Fox » September 28th, 2011, 2:54 am

I really like anime, but I have yet to see more. So far, my fave anime is Dragon Ball Z.

I REALLY want to see the Studio Ghibli movies.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Misiziri » September 28th, 2011, 8:13 pm

[quote="SimbaGamer"]I really like anime, but I have yet to see more. So far, my fave anime is Dragon Ball Z.

I REALLY want to see the Studio Ghibli movies.[/quote]

See them. Like right now. Drop everything you're doing and see them.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby Miharuka » September 28th, 2011, 8:23 pm

At the moment I'm watching Hayate no Gotoku!!, Betrayal Knows My Name, Hoshi no Kaabii/Kirby of the Stars and Onegai My Melody: Kuru Kuru Shuffle
I will continue with Kirby and My Melody whenever I'm done with the others. xD Since they have a lot of episodes.

One of my favorites is Elfen Lied. ^^
It haves a beautiful and very sad story.
Another one of my favorites is Umineko no naku koro ni. I still need to continue with Higurashi, but I LOVED Umineko!! <3 The witches are awesome. I only don't like the fact that they censored stuff sometimes.. I don't mind it when it gets bloody in Anime. xD
Miharuka
Look at the TIME !!

Time for pizzer.

Nickname(s): Miha, Little POOTIS
Pride Points: 59

Postby Ultra Fox » October 4th, 2011, 6:45 am

I really want to see Cowboy Bebop now LOL looks like an awesome series.

I think it does, anyways.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby WildSimba » October 4th, 2011, 7:51 am

[quote="SimbaGamer"]I really want to see Cowboy Bebop now LOL looks like an awesome series.

I think it does, anyways.[/quote]

It's an AMAZING series, with an amazing soundtrack, and even more amazing art style. I'd definately recommend it, it's a very short series, only like 26 or so episodes.

My favorite animes as of now are:

FLCL (Fooly Cooly) - A really... unique anime. lol Basically about this boy who is struck in the forehead by some random girl with a guitar, and he suddenly grows a giant hand out of his forehead. lol, don't ask, just watch, it's only 6 episodes, and it's on netflix. :P

Dragon Ball - A fantastic beginning to a fantastic 2 part (3 parts if you include GT, which had an original story, and had no relation to the source Mangas) anime series, about a boy who has superhuman strength, and is thrown against a number of enemies, including the greatest assasin in the world. It's actually cool, it starts to transition pretty perfectly into the darker, and more violent tone of the second half of the anime towards the end.

Dragon Ball Z - The second half of Akira Toriyama's epic story, this time focusing more on violence, and just overall saving the earth, and other worlds from mayham. A very solid series, though sometimes having a bit to much filler, which was halfly fixed in Kai.

Bleach - An AMAZING anime, about a guy who can see ghosts, who is forced to turn into a soul reaper in order to save his family. This is definately a must watch, and anyone who has not seen it, NEEDS to see it.

Full-Metal Alchemist - A very good series, which I don't want to say much about, since it's sort of short, and easy to give away everything. lol

Naruto - A great series, but if you do decide to watch it watch the uncut version.

Inuyasha - Another really great series, and also a really touching love story. Definately recommended to any anime lover.

Ramna 1 1/2 - A great anime, from the same person who wrote Inuyasha. Again, highly recommended.

Cowboy Bebop - Last but not least, the amazing series about a guy oddly very skilled with a gun, who's name is Jet, and his group of space assasins.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Anansi » January 7th, 2012, 1:45 am

Gonna be totally (un)original here and say Neon Genesis Evangelion is my favorite anime series (and, perhaps not so coincidentally, one of the few I've managed to watch all the way through). Talk about a strange take on a genre traditionally considered straightforward. =P Bleak in tone and rife with misleading symbolism it may be, but its message can be interpreted as oddly uplifting.
Rafiki sig by Simba and Community sig by FlipMode. Thanks guys! ♥
Anansi
Ultimate Trash

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby nathalie » January 7th, 2012, 11:02 am

Hmm ...
I have the full series of Yakitate Japan!
It's SO silly, haha, so silly it's funny to watch ^^
It's about a boy with "golden hands" and he loves to make bread, and tries to find a job for a well-known bakery.

Elfien Lied <3
It is simply amazing!
Though, you really have to sit the first episode through!
I was watching it with my eyes like this O_O but once passed certain things, the story is just simply amazing and beautiful.
Not to mention the song Lilium which carries the whole series.

Death Note!
I watched this and I was on the edge of my seat, that's how good I thought it was, haha, needed more after the first episode!
Haha
I own both 3 limited numbered edition DVD sets.
(and some other L stuff, some manga's)

I started watching Guin Saga too, but it got lost somewhere in my mind ... I only saw the first 2 episodes, I need to find more of them ...
I've also started to watch Code Geass a while ago and Gunslinger Girls, but they didn't do it for me.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Pride Points: 8

Postby Eli_Ayase » January 7th, 2012, 2:39 pm

Well, I never liked anime until I watched Avatar The Last Airbender, just freaking awesome! Since then, I started to love anime :3

Anyway... my favorites.

- Pokémon < never stop loving it.
- Avatar The Last Airbender < No words for it because it's cool
- Wolf's Rain < sad but wonderful
- Peach Girl < Lovely dovely stuff
- Bakugan: Battle Brawlers < something like Pokémon, but very interesting to watch. (haven't watched the new series now)
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to The Den