Anime

Re: Anime

Postby Biomac » April 18th, 2016, 10:17 pm

Ok here are my favorite animes:

1) Dragon Ball (whole franchise): father of modern shonen. So many epic fights and great character development. Watching Goku growing up from a wild child who didn't even know how to count, from the greatest hero in anime is very impressive. Fun fact, Akira Toriyama wasn't even very interested in manga before, and is a natural talent. He managed to create potentially the most impactful anime ever. Just compare Goku to about any shonen main character and you'll similarities appearing.

2) Hunter x Hunter: watched only the 2011 version and started the manga, but gosh, it's truely great. This is no ordinary shonen, every character is in the grey zone, nothing is black and white. All the fights are about who is smarter, and not who is stronger. Also the Chimera Ants arc, one of the best arc in anime ever created, and such a great development here for the main character Gon Freecss.

3) Detective Conan: of course so much nostalgia here, and I love Sherlock Holmes, and so mangas being my favorite books... Great character development here, cases are just so creative and satisfying to watch being resolved. Also it's very balanced: you have humor, action, romance, love, feelings... I love that combination of those elements, everybody can find something to rely to here.

4) One Punch Man: first that opening though, gives me the chills everytime. Funny as hell, and a very good satire of shonen, yet epic at the same time. Seeing the main character being already the strongest and reflecting on how it is to be at the top made me think a lot about shonen.

5) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: not much to say here, but I enjoyed it a lot. Full of humor, fun to watch and a good plot. A classic.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Previous

Return to The Den