Worst animated film you've seen?

Re: Worst animated film you've seen?

Postby Ninaroja » February 8th, 2014, 11:57 pm

I'm sort of worried that Pixar may experience a similar slump like Disney did in the early 2000s. Their recent efforts haven't been up to scratch with some of their earlier work. They seem to be pumping out an awful lot of sequels lately, I hope this isn't due to lack of new, original ideas :(

It's strange: Disney's post renaissance slump was very much due to the rise of Pixar and 3D animation, and now Disney seems to be out-doing Pixar with their recent works like Frozen, Tangled and Wreck it Ralph. Cars 2, Brave and Monster's University were either just alright or just plain bad (Monster's University was good as a stand alone film but as a follow up to Monster's Inc. I don't like it that much :/ )
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » February 9th, 2014, 12:06 am

Oh I'm not arguing with Nick x) I don't hate him for hating Frozen. I just love the movie personally. I also really liked Brave, its on my top 5 Pixar films.

The worst animated film I've ever seen was Titanic: The Legend Goes On (yes, this does exist). Might of said that before in this thread tho.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Ninaroja » February 9th, 2014, 12:15 am

^I've watched Nostalgia Critic's Review of that. It looks AWFUL. I believe it used to be #1 on the IMDB bottom 100 :O

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MooLion » February 9th, 2014, 2:42 pm

^ I gather that there can only be that ONE awful Titanic animated film we're all thinking about? XD I think I heard there was another so I get confused. If it is the one with the very, very random rapping of the dog and bad Disney and Bluth character rip offs, then indeed it deserves a strong place in the worst animated films list!
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Ninaroja » February 9th, 2014, 3:18 pm

There's actually more than one bad rip-off of James Cameron's Titanic. They're both animated and both AWFUL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvfU5gzAmHg <----- Trailer for "Titanic: The Legend Goes On". The rapping dog version (and the one we were just talking about)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUPOTLu4vAY <------ The nostalgia critic review of "Search for the Titanic". It seems to be an actual RIPOFF of the RIPOFF

Either way, they're both terrible. I've seen the first one mentioned in this thread but I haven't seen the second one here. It definitely deserves a mention.

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja

Postby Lauren » February 10th, 2014, 2:45 am

Chicken Little is pretty darn awful, especially coming from Disney. The characters are stereotypes, the plot is ridiculous, the father is unlikeable because he tries to distance himself from his son as much as he can, and it's way too mean spirited. Honestly, mean spirited societies work better in adult cartoons since they only use that kind of story element on some occasions and not for at least 75% of the story.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MooLion » February 10th, 2014, 3:02 pm

^ As soon as I saw this advertised back in 2004 or whenever it was I was horrified! I don't know if I dare ever watch it; the designs are so ugly...
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Ninaroja » February 10th, 2014, 7:59 pm

^I don't think Chicken Little is that bad. I've only really seen it once myself, but I agree it was highly forgettable. Definitely one of the Weaker entries to the Animated Canon

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja

Postby Wilfre » March 4th, 2014, 6:39 am

Alpha and Omega II. The first one was a guilty pleasure of mine but the second...no. I recall a lot of unfunny innuendo.
I also didn't like Cars or the sequel. I'm sorry but I don't get it.
thanks for the sig, Julie Skywalker!

~*Collector of TLK Merchandise for over 15 years*~

| flavors | lastfm | youtube | deviantart | collectors quest | pandora | tumblr | google+ | furaffinity | weasyl | nabyn |
Wilfre
#Serious TLK collector#

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

icon by Book-of-Life on deviantART!

Nickname(s): Nanuq (my real name)
Pride Points: 0

Postby DGFone » March 4th, 2014, 6:55 am

[quote="Wilfre"]Alpha and Omega II. The first one was a guilty pleasure of mine but the second...no. I recall a lot of unfunny innuendo.
I also didn't like Cars or the sequel. I'm sorry but I don't get it.[/quote]

I also view Alpha and Omega as somewhat of a guilty pleasure. Then LionsGate goes and messes with the budget for A&O 2 (although for a Chtisrmas movie, it could be a lot worse), but now they released the trailer for 3...

AND IT LOOKS EVEN WORSE. The trailer had a scene that was revealed in a hand-drawn rough sketch as special material in 2, and I hate to say it, but I prefer the hand-drawn, black and white, this is plot ideas and does not in any way represent the final look of the movie, looks over the finished product that they are showing off.

My old GPU can render better looking things than that in real time.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to The Den