Avatar: The Last Airbender (T.V. show and movie.)

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender (T.V. show and movie.)

Postby Buffy » October 17th, 2011, 3:38 am

I like this one too.
And I'm guessing the other one is pretty dead anyways...
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby SimbaorUnai » October 17th, 2011, 6:36 pm

and Im a fire master :joy:

Read the words that are
written in my face
Oh I believe them..
It's a shame that they
lost their head
A careless man who
could wind up dead
You wear your sin like
it's some kind of prize
Too many lies,
too many lies..

ImageImage
ImageImage
Buttons by simbaholic
SimbaorUnai
♪...Oh Radio

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Tell me everything you know...♫

Nickname(s): SoA, SOA.
Pride Points: 6

Postby Misiziri » October 17th, 2011, 8:31 pm

[quote="SimbaorAdler"]and Im a fire master :joy:[/quote]

I'm a wannabe earth and air master :glee:
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby AdAstrα » October 17th, 2011, 9:39 pm

I love the show! I have all 3 seasons on DVD but I haven't watched them all yet! I shall do so some day :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Arani » October 21st, 2011, 7:16 am

Earth Master for me! :D

:O :O :O OMG Frida, where did u get the dvd's?!?! 0_o :O :O :O Lucky, lucky...
Arani

Pride Points: 56

Postby Misiziri » October 21st, 2011, 9:54 pm

So I'm on episode 5 of Earth Book. It's really getting good. What I have been missing out on all these years? :lol: Now I watched all 65 episodes of teen titans in 3-4 days, I'm going to take this much slower and watch about 1-2 eps per day.
Misiziri

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby Lauren » February 1st, 2014, 2:44 am

I just finished watching the whole series right now…..and OH MY GOD.

To be honest, this is one of the most amazing cartoons I have ever seen. The show is just absolutely fantastic in every way and I couldn't ask for more. It's just perfect for me because I love both drama and fantasy (in this case, martial arts fantasy). When the show got popular, I was around 9-12 years old at the time, but I never caught on to it. I saw Nostalgia Critic reviewing the movie adaptation of Avatar and since the show's clips looked intriguing to me, I wanted to start watching it and I do not regret that decision. I know, it's weird for me to catch up on many cool things so late, but I don't care. In my heart, I think Avatar deserves to be up there with Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and etc. in the category of long epic stories. :)

For my quick thoughts on the movie, I'll simplify it in one sentence: It's crap.

Onto the series:

What I really like about the show is that it knows how to balance the humor and drama really well and both sides of the series have caught me either laughing or having me on the edge of my seat. For cartoon shows at least, it's rare for me to cry more than once as a first viewer, but this show had me crying several times. Yes; it is that good.The history behind the war and the past lives of the Avatar were great and I was interested in every single detail. Philosophy is a fascinating subject to tackle on and it's difficult to catch the attention of a kid on its heavy details, but it works well here. Plus, I actually learned about the nature of every element and how special they play a role in the world.

My favorite characters would have to be:

Toph
Iroh
Zuko
Katara
Azula

For my favorite kind of bending, it's earth.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to The Den