Harry Potter *Spoilers*

Re: Harry Potter!

Postby AdAstrα » July 25th, 2011, 10:52 pm

@Gunner: You should definitely watch the last couple of films. They're all great :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby TheGunner18 » July 25th, 2011, 11:07 pm

^
I definitely will at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later, but hey, what can you do? :)
All credit goes to SimbaObsesser for the awesome signature!
TheGunner18
Over thinking, over analysing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Separates the body from the mind...

Nickname(s): Gunner, gun, I don't care what you call me.
Pride Points: 17

Postby WildSimba » July 26th, 2011, 4:30 am

Saw the new movie today. Thought it was fantastic. Very... sad though.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FlipMode » July 26th, 2011, 8:07 am

Spoiler: show
I found Snape's death slightly more shocking in the book than the film. I mean it happens the same way in the book and film but... IDK it seemed to be more emphasised in the book o.0
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby AdAstrα » July 26th, 2011, 10:10 am

I thought it was more heart-wrenching in the film but then again, I haven't read the book in a while. The "You have your mother's eyes" line just killed me.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Re: Harry Potter! *Contains some spoilers for DH2*

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 26th, 2011, 10:17 am

I liked the first three movies. xB Fourth and fifth ones were fine, I didn't like the rest though. I've yet to see the last one... . The newest one got the best rating on IMDb out of all the movies, so I'm looking forward to watching it. But I'll be honest, I've watched the last films only because I was always looking forward to the next HP movies as a child, the new ones don't have the magic the first three ones seemed to have... Now that the last movie is out I feel like my entire childhood just ended. :C

I tried reading the fourth book but meh, got bored of it towards the ending. Ever heard of the phrase too much information, Rowling? xD
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » July 27th, 2011, 7:12 am

I actually hated the last book because I was able to guess the ending solely by predicting public reaction to various endings. Yes, it's a spoiler, so if you want to see my explanation, it spoils the ending:

Spoiler: show
What I knew had to happen based on public reaction:
1) Harry had to die becasue otherwise he would be too perfect...
2) He had to live because the fandom wouldn't allow his death...
So I waved my arms and said that Harry Potter would die, but be resurrected so that the fandom can live happily ever after...
That's exactly what happened.

I was so mad when I guessed the ending correctly. And I was making it up! I didn't expect that it would actually happen! Still can't believe I guessed the ending before it was written.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby WildSimba » July 27th, 2011, 7:35 am

[quote="KopsTheTerminator"]I liked the first three movies. xB Fourth and fifth ones were fine, I didn't like the rest though. I've yet to see the last one... . The newest one got the best rating on IMDb out of all the movies, so I'm looking forward to watching it. But I'll be honest, I've watched the last films only because I was always looking forward to the next HP movies as a child, the new ones don't have the magic the first three ones seemed to have... Now that the last movie is out I feel like my entire childhood just ended. :C

I tried reading the fourth book but meh, got bored of it towards the ending. Ever heard of the phrase too much information, Rowling? xD[/quote]

Really? The fourth book is my favorite one. Yeah, there's a lot of details, but it all comes together perfectly in the end.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Nadra » July 28th, 2011, 2:16 pm

Ah, Harry Potter... :D

Favorite books:
- Order Of The Phoenix
- Deathly Hallows.

Favorite movies:
- Half-Blood Prince
- Deathly Hallows (1 and 2)

Favorite characters:
- Hermione
- Fred and George
- Luna
- Neville
- McGonagall
- Lupin

I think the last movie was awesome! It was much better than I expected. However, the final battle between Harry and Voldemort was quite disappointing...
Nadra

Pride Points: 5

Postby Jiirani » July 28th, 2011, 3:25 pm

Gotta love Harry Potter eh? I'm re-reading the books. I love A Very Potter Musical too :D ! It's fanmade but hillarious.
It's hard to choose really, I enjoyed all the movies and books x3 The books were better of course.

Favorite Books:
The Philosopher's Stone
The Half-Blood Prince
The Deathly Hallows

Favorite Movies:
The Prisoner of Azkaban
The Half-Blood Prince
The Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2

Favorite characters:
Severus Snape
Fred & George Weasley
Draco Malfoy

That's pretty much it for characters. I don't really like many of them. I'm in Slytherin, lol. House Pride ;D Oh, and they messed up in the last film 'cos the kid that played young Lily Evans/Potter had brown eyes and Harry Potter had blue eyes, while in the book they both had green eyes :P Oh well, I still enjoyed it x3 Young Snape was adorable xD

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

PreviousNext

Return to The Den