Harry Potter *Spoilers*

Re: Harry Potter! *Contains some spoilers for DH2*

Postby Nadra » July 28th, 2011, 8:27 pm

[quote="Jiirani"]Gotta love Harry Potter eh? I'm re-reading the books. I love A Very Potter Musical too :D ! It's fanmade but hillarious.[/quote]
I love the musical too! It's really funny. :lol:

[quote="Jiirani"]
and they messed up in the last film 'cos the kid that played young Lily Evans/Potter had brown eyes and Harry Potter had blue eyes, while in the book they both had green eyes :P[/quote]
Yeah, that bothered me, too. But the kid looked exactly like what I thought young Lily would look like (except for the eyes).
"You have your mother's eyes." Oh, really?
Nadra

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby MalibuTrashDog » July 29th, 2011, 1:35 am

Oh man I grew up with Harry Potter. I was reading the books when they first came out and softened the impact between the books by watching the movies.

Even though I love all of them though, I have to say that my favorite book and movie was Deathly Hallows. I loved the chapter of A Prince's Tale, it made me cry so hard, as did the whole second half of the Deathly Hallows movie.

My absolute favorite character has to be Snape. I love his character development and his devotion he had to Lily. Next my favorites are Draco, Harry, Hermione, Neville and Luna. Oh goodness I loved Neville in the last movie. He was so brave and they made him seem like such a bamf. Alan Rickman deserves all the awards though, actually the whole cast does. Flawless cast is flawless. <3333
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby AdAstrα » July 29th, 2011, 3:48 pm

I completely agree with you SD! Everyone did such an amazing job <3 They deserve all the awards in the world. And I'm not even saying this because they've all been topping my list of favourite actors for several years, but because were simply THAT good.

As for Lily's eyes, well..that was a mistake indeed lol. I honestly wasn't paying attention to it when I first watched the scene because I was sobbing so hard at the time but it does sort of annoy me now. I mean couldn't they at least have given her blue contact lenses or something? It sort of annoys me that they put so little effort into finding a perfect Lily, however, the rest of the Prince's Tale was so well done that it kind of makes up for it in a way. At least the adult Lily has blue eyes, and at least she was played by the same actress that played her in the first and fourth film. They could have ended up picking someone else for this one, but they didn't, and for that, I am grateful. I still think they did the "Prince's Tale" sequence justice, it's still a hauntingly tragic and beautiful scene that brought many tears to my eyes. Watching Snape collapse as he found Lily's dead body made me feel as if I'd never be happy again. As did the part where he held her in his arms.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Jiirani » July 29th, 2011, 3:53 pm

Yeah, I was crying my eyes out then too, I just noticed it because of Tumblr. I really loved that scene too, it was so sad. I think the actors will go down in History though, they will always be the original actors of Harry Potter. Such a good series...

@Nadra Yeah, the musical is awesome. I'm watching a Very Potter Sequel right now to, so hilarious xD

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby AdAstrα » July 29th, 2011, 10:48 pm

The actors are all amazing. They've all done such an incredible job throughout the years. I really admire their commitment <3
A good series indeed. I can't believe it's all over now..
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Postby Panda-chan » August 20th, 2011, 4:36 am

This movie was amazing! But I was crying through like 90% of it. LOL

Yeah, late reply is late but I was in banland while this topic was popular and was barred from posting obviously. :/
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby WindAnnWise » February 15th, 2012, 9:43 pm

Fave book & movie: Prisoner of Azkaban
Fave character: Ron
DH Part 2: I loved it! Cried throughout almost the whole end of the movie, from Snape's death onwards!
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby Lauren » May 23rd, 2013, 4:29 am

Just like the books, I also really love the films too. :)

I watched Deahtly Hallows Parts 1 and 2...OH MY GOD I was so depressed by them. Snape's death had me bursting into tears for several minutes as well as Harry watching Snape's childhood memories in the Pensieve. When he was crying and hugging Lily after she died had me bawling too. He truly loved her. :cry2:

Dobby's death also got to me, but Snape's...no words...as well as Fred, Lupin and Tonks's. :(

The battle between Hogwarts and Voldemort and the Death Eaters was just outstanding and epic. Never dissapoints you. :)
Last edited by Lauren on May 23rd, 2013, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdAstrα » May 23rd, 2013, 9:09 am

I recently re-watched Deathly Hallows 1 and 2 as well. I've only seen them 3 times each because I find it so difficult. I think the scene that gets to me the most is Harry walking into the forest to face Voldemort. When his parents, Sirius and Lupin appear I just break down. Snape's death and memories had me bawling my eyes out as well, of course.

That being said, there are also plenty of parts in these films that I find amusing as well. The whole ministry scene in part 1 is like, my favourite thing ever lol. I also love when Hermione pretends to be Bellatrix xD
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Re: Harry Potter *Spoilers*

Postby Lauren » May 23rd, 2013, 11:52 am

^ The forest scene also broke my heart. I missed Sirius and Lupin so much during that part. :(
Lauren

PreviousNext

Return to The Den