MLK Writing Contest #36!

Re: MLK Writing Contest #36!

Postby Gemini » March 17th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Wait, was the last one you wrote supposed to be a serious entry, then? :? I honestly couldn't tell.

If you actually intend on submitting it to the contest you should submit it to DG through PM once you're happy with it. We've always run this contest in such a way that you don't know who wrote what, just in case there's any bias.

BTW, DG, I might try to get an entry in this weekend. No need to wait for me though, just letting you know.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby zerodix » March 17th, 2016, 11:10 pm

i type everything on a phone and the story contains 2 separate posts. if the moderation team can delitate my submits after sending them to the DG, then in return I can add a 3rd chapter. It is a serious submission, i like to write in a more alternate style, making the readers think "wait..what?" and also with a little message. I don't like to write aimed at young audiences, since that kind of writing isn't very challenging and goes more into a lecture mode when I give it a try. creativity is importance, using a style and words or phrases that one wouldnt expect.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Braveheart » March 18th, 2016, 2:30 pm

If the MLK contest was extended, why there was no official news this time? Even KD's OT offtopic competition thread has an extended official dateline. :x
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Postby DGFone » March 18th, 2016, 3:31 pm

The "official" deadline has long passed already. But since I only have one submission submitted, I will have to find the time this weekend to write my own thing so that there will at least be two stories. This means that if anyone else wants to ninja in something, they have until the end of Sunday.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Braveheart » March 19th, 2016, 1:34 am

In that case, it should be stated earlier that the deadline was extended. I was on halfway through the assignment a day or two late when I realized I couldn't make it on the deadline and just bin the entire work. -_-

Ah, no matter such a small thing. Let's see who will submit this time... :roll:
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Pride Points: 28

Postby DGFone » March 19th, 2016, 5:03 am

^ My apologies. :innocent:

As rule of thumb, the contest deadline is "until when I post the next topic", with the official deadline being the "no earlier than" time. Only rarely am I very strict on the deadlines, and that's only when I will be away from my computer for an extended period of time, so I feel it better to end the current contest rather than extend it.

Also, I only create the next topics Sunday evenings / Monday mornings. Even then, if you are not sure if you can make a submission in or not, always feel free to send me a PM. I rarely decline a request to extend a deadline by a day or two if it means getting another story in.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Previous

Return to MLK Writing Contest