MLK Writing Contest #31!

MLK Writing Contest #31!

Postby DGFone » October 15th, 2014, 9:00 am

Time to start writing again! I am hoping that this time, the prompts will be good catalysts for more, high qualify stories. Here are these prompts:

Simba at Rafiki's reflective pool
Zazu is not knocked out during the stampede
Scar is alive during Simba's Pride
Zira's Past

For now, I am still going to give the usual two weeks to write the story. I hope I won't need to extend the deadline, so get started early! Deadline for submissions is: Tuesday, October 28th!

Standard rules: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else. I did bold this certain rule simply because our previous winner nearly broke it. So if you want to dance by the edge of the rules, go ahead, but be careful not to cross the line!

Have fun and write a great story![/quote]
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #31!

Postby DGFone » October 28th, 2014, 6:04 am

Tomorrow is the deadline!

Zero submissions in so far. I might extend the deadline if you guys can get some stories in during the extension!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Gemini » October 28th, 2014, 6:39 am

Hmmmmm. I might write for this one. I definitely won't have anything in by tomorrow but perhaps on the weekend.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2014, 12:56 am

For some reason I knew I'd have to save this contest again. :P I can't promise anything by tomorrow, but by Thursday night I should be able to get something done.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » October 29th, 2014, 1:11 am

If Twin can get something in on the weekend, I will be happy to extend the deadline until then as well.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » November 1st, 2014, 11:47 pm

I have 1 submission in now. Can I get at least one more by the end of tomorrow?
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Gemini » November 3rd, 2014, 4:33 am

I've been busy this weekend, but I'll see what I can do. These next few days should be a lot less stressful. I think Lucy was also considering submitting one over the next few days, but I'm not sure what her ultimate decision on that will be. :/
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Postby DGFone » November 3rd, 2014, 4:44 am

If I can get confirmation that extending the deadline for a few days will get at least one more story in, I will do that. I don't see the reason to throw people under the bus just to stick to a deadline.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Gemini » November 3rd, 2014, 4:49 am

That is true, especially seeing as we can't have a contest with only one entry. I'd hate to think of the contest being canceled just for the lack of entries.

I will talk to her and Julie on Skype to try and convince them to enter, and also see if I can write one in the next few days.
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Postby DGFone » November 3rd, 2014, 5:00 am

Spoiler alert: Julie already submitted. :P

Before the contest itself, I don't count my entries unless I got inspired to write one before the last minute. Still, the last two contests were one sided one-on-ones between me and her, so it would be nice to have more stories as well. Even if it will mean extending the deadline.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest