MLK Writing Contest #29!

Re: MLK Writing Contest #29!

Postby Carl » August 22nd, 2014, 6:00 am

I don't think so. Removing the prompts would probably stop me from entering. I mean, if I come up with ideas of my own the story will NEVER be under 4000 words...
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Gemini » August 22nd, 2014, 6:18 am

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]I don't think so. Removing the prompts would probably stop me from entering. I mean, if I come up with ideas of my own the story will NEVER be under 4000 words...[/quote]

Yeah, I have a hard time with the upper limit as it is, when it comes to one-shots. The prompts are nice as a general idea, though I do think there should be a little more variety with them. Seeing prompts that don't interest me usually cause me not to enter, unfortunately. But if there's a good idea it's nice to write for it.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Carl » August 22nd, 2014, 6:21 am

Definitely agree about that. Half the time I end up forcing out a story I don't like, and others tend not to as well. But I also get why there's little variety, I've had to choose a prompt too, and didn't even write from mine the next time cos I didn't like it enough to. :ha:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Previous

Return to MLK Writing Contest