MLK Writing Contest #27!

MLK Writing Contest #27!

Postby DGFone » May 27th, 2014, 6:27 am

I can't believe that it's already time to start the next contest! I guess that's what happens when you lose internet connection for a week after posting the voting round. I thought that I would have great timing with the TLKFotM contest running at the exact same time, but the tie there has solved the timing problem caused by losing the internet connection, but it did mean that my mind slipped up on this one. Caught it before it was too late though! Here are the prompts to write on for this contest:

Timon leaving his colony behind
Nala kills Pumbaa in her hunt
Mufasa's ghost shows up earlier
Simba sees Scar throw Mufasa to his death

Submit the story to me by Sunday, June 8th, 11:59:59 PST! As usual, I will edit the stories after they come in when I create the voting topic, but I would also like to thank you guys, because most of you by now are all simply PMing me the stories in the PM itself, so it makes the editing job a whole lot easier, and often, unnecessary. I don't mind receiving text/word files though, so you can use those as well, and I do get those some of the time.

The word limit is still the same: between 1000 and 4000 words. Keep the stories PG-13 or less, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.

Good luck, and good writing!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #27!

Postby electricocomics » May 28th, 2014, 2:57 am

Hmm. I am considering this but don't count on me. Not yet. I'll try to do this in the free time between classes.

Edit: I re-checked my schedule and I should be able to do this. Count me in.
Last edited by electricocomics on May 29th, 2014, 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Electricocomics

electricocomics
ELC Prop Making

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

'sup

Nickname(s): electricocomics
Pride Points: 1

Postby Regulus » May 28th, 2014, 3:23 am

I have a good idea, so I'll probably be doing this one.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Gemini » May 28th, 2014, 4:22 am

You know what? I think I might actually enter. One of these prompts looks cool, I think I might actually do this one this time an--

Alright, ALRIGHT, I see that look on your face. I know I've said that the last ten times. :ocwap: Please don't kill me. But this time I should actually be able to enter, since school is almost over here.

About time too, I might add. -_________-

So yeah, fingers crossed. :ohyeah2:
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby TheWhistlerify » May 28th, 2014, 7:50 pm

The first two prompts don't appeal to me that much, so I doubt I'll be able to write anything good for them.
The 3rd one has a lot of potential, but I can't get any good ideas for it ATM.

And the 4th one... Well, it's mine. I don't think I should enter with my own prompt. Either way, I chose it to see what other writers will do with it. :3

Count me out on this one (probably). Gotta work on my new fanfic! :)
Choose the 4th prompt! I wanna see it get done!
Last edited by TheWhistlerify on May 28th, 2014, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
My 'The Lion King' fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1/
My 'Pokémon' fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017329/1/
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby Regulus » May 28th, 2014, 7:52 pm

You picked a good one. ;)
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheWhistlerify » May 28th, 2014, 7:54 pm

I have a ton of ideas for prompts. But Mr. DGFone says I have to win to submit one.
Hmph. His loss. <_>
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
My 'The Lion King' fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1/
My 'Pokémon' fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017329/1/
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby Carl » May 29th, 2014, 1:07 pm

I don't know that I'll enter either. None of these prompts are really speaking to me.

...except the fourth one, which I already wrote something like ages ago that encompasses the only ideas I really have for it. So I think I'll pass on entry this time.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » June 5th, 2014, 12:09 am

Just a heads up!

It's already Wednesday, and Sunday is the last day to submit story. I currently don't have any submissions in.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » June 6th, 2014, 12:06 pm

Extend it a week, and problem solved. Two weeks is hardly enough time to create, plan, write, and edit anything of value.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest