MLK Writing Contest #25 [Winner]!

MLK Writing Contest #25 [Winner]!

Postby DGFone » April 22nd, 2014, 1:59 am

Initially, it looked like your guy's promise not to have a landslide victory was going to end up being a lie. Except that somehow in the very end of the voting period, another story very quickly caught up, and then surpassed the third one and finally took the lead. Normally, I don't know how the authors feel about that, but I do know at least for one of them (they told me), so I can safely congratulate the other author on a last-minute win:

Julie Skywalker

Congratulations on your story! I rather liked it, and in fact, I too thought it was the superior of the three. You promised a masterpiece of a story, and you delivered! Well done! I will make you the banner, and you can create a prompt for the next writing contest for everyone to write on.

And also congratulate DGFone for writing the third story. Pulling off an early lead, he didn't feel bad about losing first place to another great story.

Stay tuned for the next round folks!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #25 [Winner]!

Postby Gemini » April 22nd, 2014, 9:22 pm

Didn't get to submit one this time; sorry, guys. Nonetheless, congrats to Julie Skywalker for the awesome story and the win!

I'll admit, it was rather hard to choose between the two of you. You were both tied when I read them on Sunday so I had to be the tie-breaker vote. xD Glad you guys are happy with the results, though. Like I said, they were both good stories. :)

Until next time!

- Twin
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Ninaroja » April 24th, 2014, 1:28 am

I voted #3, though like Twin said it was a tough decision!! I too was unable to participate but here's hoping I can find time to enter this month :D
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Carl » April 24th, 2014, 4:26 pm

Thanks so much guys! I wasn't sure if my idea was going to work well since it wasn't quite up to my expectations.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » April 26th, 2014, 8:34 pm

Congrats, Julie!!
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Return to MLK Writing Contest