MLK Writing Contest #25!

MLK Writing Contest #25!

Postby DGFone » March 22nd, 2014, 5:56 am

Welcome to the writing contest numbered 5^2! Yes, I had to throw it in, anyways... I do hope that this one won't be the same sheer landslide victory as the previous contest, but this doesn't translate to the good writers giving me worse of stories. I am telling everyone else to shape up and deliver more masterpieces! Here are the prompts for them:

Scar is forced to send his hyenas outside the Pride Lands
Nuka kills Simba instead of failing
Timon leading his colony to the jungle
If Zira had taken Kiara's paw at the end of The Lion King 2

When you finish with your story, just PM it to me, or send it via a PM attachment. Yes, I still edit those stories that are submitted as a mess to me (yes, I do define a big block of text as a mess), but I won't spend a long time editing stories to be readable when I create the voting topic. If I can't fix the problem with the enter key, then I probably won't do it. I find that Microsoft office formats don't transfer the best, but they are still quite reasonable.

Usual rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else.

Deadline for submissions ends on Sunday, April 13th! I know this gives you guys a bit more time, but I will be away from my computer (and therefore MLK) for the next week, and I don't want to delay the writing contest when I can simply post it earlier.

Good luck writing, and have fun be creative!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #25!

Postby Gemini » March 22nd, 2014, 6:59 am

Ooooh, one of these prompts has caught my eye! Guess it's about time I crawl out of my little MLK hiatus and give everyone a run for their money, eh...? ;)

I will have to work on a masterpiece here. Wouldn't want another "landslide" like last time, right?
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Carl » March 30th, 2014, 6:21 pm

I've got an interesting idea that I'm working on for this. I don't have much school work left for this semester, so it should be easy to get a good entry in. I just hope it's good enough that it gets more than one vote this time, lol.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » March 30th, 2014, 9:45 pm

One week left! :p So you better get to it if the idea is as good as you claim it is. ;)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Carl » March 30th, 2014, 10:03 pm

It probably isn't, or if it is it won't transfer well, I'm sure. :lol:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby MooLion » March 31st, 2014, 1:11 pm

This is my first step into this part of the forum. :D This contest idea intrigues me; if I find the time very soon I might try to enter. Do we just choose from one of the prompt things mentioned above?
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Carl » March 31st, 2014, 2:08 pm

Yep, choose a prompt and do whatever you want as long as it fits one. Sometimes you can even work in more than one. ;)
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby MooLion » April 1st, 2014, 6:53 pm

^ Okay, thanks!
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby DGFone » April 2nd, 2014, 1:57 am

Just a heads up though, contest ends this Sunday!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Timon the great » April 2nd, 2014, 5:24 am

Wow... Looks like my influence on this forum caused a unique prompt to show up on this contest. Image
If I can think of something to type out about it before the deadline, I may enter this.
Spoiler: show
No guarantees though, as I'm also looking on getting something of my other already written fic I had mentioned about here up and running, because I've been planning to do that for many weeks now.

By the way, I saw this in the topic post:
[quote="DGFone"]Deadline for submissions ends on Sunday, April 13th! I know this gives you guys a bit more time, but I will be away from my computer (and therefore MLK) for the next week, and I don't want to delay the writing contest when I can simply post it earlier.[/quote]
Which is actually two Sundays from now?
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest